Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Striped bass stocks over fished

From Northern VA
Maybe ban holding fish intended for release vertically? Actually kinda serious about that. See a photo of a vertical fish, slap a fine on them. That has got to be one of the major factors for C&R mortality. I've seen guys weighing 25-lb fish on dinky little hand-held scales, have the fish flop onto the ground, and get weighed again.

Posted on: 4/26 11:32

Based on the ASMFC Striped bass meeting summary, a consideration for the near future may be that circle hooks be required for bait fishers. My bet is that if implemented, the requirement will specify non-offset circle hooks. One wonders if the requirement will apply to all bait fishers or only to those using a specified hook size or larger. It also mentions that new size limits or slot limits will be considered.

Posted on: 5/2 14:33

From Delaware Co.
Nice article about the ASMFC meeting last week. Out of all the organizations out there it’s the state of Maryland that is trying to stop progress for the protection of Stripers
https://saltwaterguidesassociation.com ... g-at-asmfc-april-29-2019/

Posted on: 5/4 9:45

Confirmed by a number of hook-and-line trips by multiple anglers over the past week and as expected (mentioned earlier), the Delaware Estuary in Pa is harboring a good number of sub-slot size fish up to 20 inches and comprised of a few yrs classes.

Posted on: 5/12 8:54

I’d love to see a slot limit on stripers... Seems to have worked out well for managing big red drum in southern states. I like the circle hook idea also.

Posted on: 5/14 14:12

From Chester County

Posted on: 5/15 8:34

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>

Copyright 2019 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com