Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Speedwell Forge Lake: refilled last yr, fairly good bass fishing already

From lancaster county
Actually you can. Once again the wild brook trout did not start showing up in the creek until AFTER the dam removals at pumping station and rexmont. This is confirmed through about 10 different surveys before and after dam removal. Further you have a real lax definition on thrived. The population data has been dismal and this IS because of the agricultural above filling the creek with sediment and creating loss of habitat. It's pretty simple really.

No one is claiming it's a Big Spring. Contrary to your point I have fished every wild trout stream in Lancaster and York and also ones that have private land on them and have found the very opposite. One stream in York yeilded multiple big wild browns in the 17-23" range and it was on publicland. Here in Lancaster I've caught natives on public land ranging in the 12"-14" range. Some on Lancaster county conservancy property. In fact, I have found the private land trout streams in our area to be lackluster in size and population. However, more specific to hammer creek, the projects proposed are on publicland not on private land. The private lands won't be open to the public AT ALL. There will still be the buffer zones you so seem to love to grow large fish.

In the end our group has no money, we are not filing for non profit status. Our main focus is to get the creek to EV, fix the Lebanon County farms above the publicland so they stop destroying the creek and Monitor water quality. Even if we disbanded today the projects would still come, we aren't running them. So keep complaining to the wrong entities if you wish but you really have lost your way here Fox. Doing is more powerful than whining. At this point it's apparent you have some personal vendetta and it's humorous to me because virtually everything you say doesn't apply.

Come to a meeting, put up, shut up or keep complaining. Either way, it apparently makes no difference when you are this misinformed, misguided and bitter. You believe in democracy, well given the shear amount of people interested you are outvoted.

Next.

Posted on: 8/25 9:20

From Northern VA
Deleted...getting too off topic.

Posted on: 8/25 10:16

Edited by sarce on 2017/8/25 10:58:53

From Lancaster Co.
Quote:

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
Our main focus is to get the creek to EV, fix the Lebanon County farms above the public land so they stop destroying the creek and Monitor water quality.

Recent article in the Lancaster News said a year long inspection of farms in Lancaster and 42 other counties found that 60 percent of them had state-required erosion and manure plans. Any idea if some of these Lebanon County farms are in the in the 40% that don't have erosion plans?

Posted on: 8/25 11:09

From lancaster county
I'm sure there is a way to find out.
At this point after conversations with 3 of the farms possibly interested in installing fencing to keep cattle out I would say likely not.

Sarce,

I read your comment before you deleted it. I completely agree and think it should be a driving force to save to brook trout over the browns. ATM I'm not sure what that would entail but I'm sure it will come up soon

Posted on: 8/25 11:20

There will not be a removal of Brown Trout. Multiple reasons: amt of effort needed for little result in the long run; too many potential sources of Brown Trout, including a BT trib, and too many refuges in the drainage basin where they could "hide."

Posted on: 8/25 12:44

From Lycoming county
Quote:

McSneek wrote:

Recent article in the Lancaster News said a year long inspection of farms in Lancaster and 42 other counties found that 60 percent of them had state-required erosion and manure plans. Any idea if some of these Lebanon County farms are in the in the 40% that don't have erosion plans?

These numbers are really skewed across the state. Several conservation districts would go out for a farm inspection, write the "neccessary" plans for the farm and then fill out the inspection report as no violation when the farm really had no prior written management plans. Also the inspection process so far is only checking to see that farmers have a written plan and is not investigating if they are following their plans. it really is a joke because who is going to go around to farms to ensure that they are spreading 8 tons of liquid manure an acre and not 12? (#s are just an example) its easy to manipulate numbers and make them look good on paper. Cover crops and establishing riparian buffers and not spreading manure withing 100 ft of a stream are the biggest environmental improvements we can make in agriculture.

Posted on: 8/25 14:47

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com