Smallie Primetime

S

schrec

FYI -- For those of us who live closest to mostly marginal trout water, this time of year can be frustrating. Temps are dropping. And if our marginal streams still had trout, we'd being in good shape. Of course, with the hot, dry summer we just had, most don't have trout left. So what's an angler to do? Either make a longer trip to real trout streams, wait til the Oct stocking trucks roll around or..... break out the poppers and clousers and hit those very same marginal trout streams for bass! You'll be surpised about both the number and size of the fish in some of these waters. They're not always easy to catch. Longer casts and a bit of stealth is required (even for bass.) But they're in there for the catchin'. Have fun

rising fish always
schrec

I've been doing that in my local marginal trout stream all summer, though I've also seen trout in it all summer and have had quite a few of them take shots at my various sub surface bass flies.. So it looks like as the water cools I won't have to wait for the fall stocking.

Back