Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Sedge Island

From Sellersville, PA
Anyone ever fish Sedge Island? A buddy of mine (and PA fly fish guy) fished it yesterday. The place looks like it could be loaded with fish. Yesterday though I caught one short, he got skunked.

Really cool area too. We were able to get out in the yaks and beach them up on the sod banks than just explore. Perfect for fly fishing as well since the casts don't have to be super long so wind isn't as much as a factor like it is on the beach.

We are definitely heading back there to explore some more. We fished the outgoing, which you would think would be good since it'll pull the bait fish out of the small cuts were the bigger fish should be waiting to gobble them down but, it didn't work that way yesterday. The water was pretty cold until later in the afternoon so maybe that shut the bit off.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 10:58

Re: Sedge Island

From SE Pa
Where is it at?

Posted on: 2013/6/7 12:43

From Flourtown, PA
Inside of IBSP. Paddle out to where the channels meet and fish there on the outgoing.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 13:52

From Gettysburg
Quote:

evofly wrote:
Anyone ever fish Sedge Island?

I've hit the back side of IBSP and Myers Hole behind LBI many times. It's a fantastic area to kayak and is pretty wade friendly in many spots. The fishing has been a mixed bag for me. Generally, I like it better in springtime than fall. The flies can be really bad this time of year. If you want to get a weakfish on the fly this area is a good bet.

It's much like the surf - timing is everything.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 22:23

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Yeah somedays you can't hear yourself sreaming from the BUZZ of sqeeters, but its worth it to fish. all the usaull stuff there along with a few not so normal, plus you can crab and clam too.. the deeper cuts/channels should produce now, i used to fish it in september when the mullet would start big stripers there at night..

Posted on: 2013/6/9 11:20

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com