Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Sandy Hook Advice Needed

From Philadelphia, PA
I'll be headed to Sandy Hook tomorrow for the first time. No idea where to go/fish.

Any advice on where to fish would be welcome. I'm hoping to get there by high tide (12:45pm), but not sure if I'll make it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2011/11/17 10:24

Re: Sandy Hook Advice Needed

From Philly
we did well on the northern tip this past weekend. check out freds original jam post...i think there may be a map of the parking area?

dead high tide was the slowest part of the morning. and currents were strong, so get your flies deep as quickly as you can.

good luck!

Posted on: 2011/11/17 11:36

From Bethlehem, PA
the "end" is definitely a great spot. Look for the rip that forms as you approach the ocean side. the bowl inbetween the two "points can hold fish in spots too. Check google maps to find your way all the way to the last parking lot, which is a gravel parking lot near a bombed out building. follow the trail like 1/4mi. through the sand to the beach. Other than that there are good spots near the entrance too, ocean and bay side.

Posted on: 2011/11/17 14:01

From Downingtown
Just a heads up to all... Sandy Hook "False Hook" beach area is closed to surf fishing due to dredging the shipping channel. Wanted to save everyone the time I spent this morning walking there. It was a really nice morning for a walk on the beach, but I didn’t drive 2.5 hours to take a walk…

I park a bit further away and walk the coast (this is where I went wrong), therefore missing the signage at the closest parking lot to the spot. A Park Ranger was on the beach, turning away everyone that came up the coast.

Anyone have an idea when it will reopen? The Ranger was not sure. I was really looking forward to hitting this are one more time before the temps really drop.

Thanks

Posted on: 2011/12/18 17:37

From West Chester
codeman, the link on the website says "early 2012", so there's no exact date.

Posted on: 2011/12/20 8:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com