Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

SW Report NJ Shore
From Chester County
WARNING!....PICS INCLUDED OF FISH CAUGHT ON A SPIN ROD....PLEASE LOOK AWAY IF THIS OFFENDS YOU.

Fredrick, Derek/SurfCowboy and I hit the NJ Shore (Point Pleasant) for an inshore charter, looking to catch some albies and bass.

We did run into some albie blitzes in the morning. Derek missed a few, I never got a touch, but Fredrick hooked a few using a spin rod.

The weather turned bad in the early afternoon and it was a rough ride back, but it was a fun time to be out.

Look forward to the bass run in the next couple of weeks.

Trip Report

Attach file:

jpg  Zebco Fredrick.jpg (34.10 KB)
53_59fb7794b4255.jpg 450X253 px

jpg  Pink Plastic.jpg (41.77 KB)
53_59fb77aaa6018.jpg 450X286 px

Posted on: 11/2 15:53

Re: SW Report NJ Shore
From Gettysburg
Excellent motivation!

Sounds like a re-run of the "Rumble on the River." Where was Krayfish? He'll shamelessly pick up a "cheater stick."

Bet it was a fun time. Wish I coulda joined you guys.

I'm looking forward to hitting the NJ shore this fall.

Posted on: 11/2 19:45

I've been watching this sub-forum for saltwater reports. Like Dave said, that's good motivation.

I was down in DE two weeks ago but, unfortunately, I didn't get any fishing in. I didn't even check any spots. If I'd have known the weather was going to be so good on the coast I'd have planned tomorrow differently and went south. Damn this time of year.

Posted on: 11/2 22:03

afishinado wrote:

I find you very confrontational, offensive and have never seen more a glass-half-empty attitude.

From Chester County
Quote:

Dave_W wrote:
Excellent motivation!

Sounds like a re-run of the "Rumble on the River." Where was Krayfish? He'll shamelessly pick up a "cheater stick."

Kray is on sabbatical from fishing until April. Probably taking mulligans on the course while we were out on the water

Hey......Fred took a mulligan.

Posted on: 11/3 7:18

From SE PA - Montgomery County
Nice. I have been waiting for reports of some action before heading down there. I am looking to book Shore Catch as well.

Posted on: 11/3 12:36

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

Dave_W wrote:
Excellent motivation!

Kray is on sabbatical from fishing until April. Probably taking mulligans on the course while we were out on the water

Hey......Fred took a mulligan.

I was catching fish even before those two even showed up

Posted on: 11/3 15:11

From Flourtown, PA
I missed a good pull early on, then had one swipe at the fly just as I was pulling it out of the water to cast. Finally, we got a great approach at a pod that was just BOILING, and any reasonable cast was going to get whacked. I made a perfect cast, and a freaking seagull got my tippet tangled in his feet and took off in the air. By the time I got my fly back, the pod had gone down, as had our chances of catching an Albert on the fly.

Posted on: 11/6 11:02

From emmaus,pa
The last week or so has seen excellent striper fishing as long as you are on a boat. From the surf it's been terrible. This past week has seen a few flurries but it is still poor surf side. Also which is very unusual is the total absence of bluefish this Fall so far. We are in our second day of strong northwest wind which hopefully will shake things up and improve the surf situation. I'll find out this afternoon.

Posted on: 11/17 12:07

From Chester County
Quote:

johnw wrote:
The last week or so has seen excellent striper fishing as long as you are on a boat. From the surf it's been terrible. This past week has seen a few flurries but it is still poor surf side. Also which is very unusual is the total absence of bluefish this Fall so far. We are in our second day of strong northwest wind which hopefully will shake things up and improve the surf situation. I'll find out this afternoon.

Yep, canned tuna for landlubbers so far......

Attach file:

jpg  sorry-charlie_180x.jpg (49.74 KB)
53_5a0f1a5e6530d.jpg 700X813 px

Posted on: 11/17 12:20

From emmaus,pa
Same old story, birds working well off the beach and the surf is dead. It seems that the few large fish that were around earlier in the week have moved South. I fish the Sandy Hook/Long Branch stretch only.

Posted on: 11/18 9:49

From emmaus,pa
Today some small, 15-18 inches stripers caught. Otherwise all quiet.

Posted on: 11/21 18:02

From Flourtown, PA
I was out on Friday of last week (the 17th?) and fished from Bay Head down to Brick. I had three decent fish early on before the sun came up good, with the largest around 35" or so. I had to get out on the bar to reach the fish, and with the tide just starting to drop, it was a bit dicey. Once 8:00 rolled around, I didn't even see another fish caught. Everything else I heard from people I was fishing around was that, with all the bait (solid bunker from Belmar to LBI), the only reliable method was snag-and-drop fishing. I may try to hit it over this weekend if the conditions line up well.

Posted on: 11/22 11:31

From Chester County
Quote:

SurfCowboyXX wrote:
I was out on Friday of last week (the 17th?) and fished from Bay Head down to Brick. I had three decent fish early on before the sun came up good, with the largest around 35" or so. I had to get out on the bar to reach the fish, and with the tide just starting to drop, it was a bit dicey. Once 8:00 rolled around, I didn't even see another fish caught. Everything else I heard from people I was fishing around was that, with all the bait (solid bunker from Belmar to LBI), the only reliable method was snag-and-drop fishing. I may try to hit it over this weekend if the conditions line up well.

Yeah, the run is not even a slow walk...at least surf fishing. Can't make it this weekend. Good luck if you get out.

Posted on: 11/22 12:36

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com