SOS petition (Save Our Susquehanna)

• Thread starter salvelinusfontinalis
  • Start date
salvelinusfontinalis

salvelinusfontinalis

http://www.sospennsylvania.org

Signed.

Signed. At the rate it's going 50,000 seems like a lofty goal. Hope they get there.

Signed. The opening of the petition to the governor was a little over the top.

krayfish2 wrote:

"His Excellency?"

Since when is that an appropriate way to address an elected official?

McSneek wrote:
krayfish2 wrote:

"His Excellency?"

Since when is that an appropriate way to address an elected official?

It has been appropriate for hundreds of years.

link

Pick any on.

The questions should be when did it become inappropriate way to address a high ranking official such as a Governor. As far as I know, it never has unless one is using it sarcastically and I don't believe this was the case.

Why is the natural gas industry being asked to fund this? Many hate the industry but they all have their handout to them?

Aren't problems due to poor farming and poor septic systems?

Maybe the farm subsidies should be redirected the this major problem and use fines on not up to code sanitary facilities.

Signed

Yes, sorry, but you had me until #3. There isn't any direct correlation of the gas industry to the Susquehanna issues is there? If you show me the way, I'll sign immediately.

Can't sign it without more reasoning as to why the gas industry should fund it, when there are so many other government segments that are wasteful.

Also, if that is being asked, I need to know what the $ amount would be and how much we think that industry would be taxed, and then what the money would go towards.

Don't like making State government "trustee" as they can't get much right as it is. Agree with others about forcing the gas industry to pay to clean up a river that's suffering from years of neglect from agriculture, sewage treatment and industrial waste.

Specific action #3 is the deal breaker.

If the gas industry isn't credible enough to stimulate the state's and nation's economy then why is it alright to go to them for handouts to fund something they may not have played a part in?

The gas industry's taxes and impact fees should should be held until they're needed for something they do cause. (Yeah right!)

Back