SMB this weekend

S

surveyor06

Not much of a WW fly fisher, but trying to get some fishing in this weekend and trying to stay local. Anyone have any luck recently near the Pottstown area. French Creek is very close to me, as is Pickering Creek. Not looking for huge numbers or anything, just want to put a bend in the fly rod. Thanks for the help.

Well I ended up checking out French Creek below the fly stretch. Caught a two smallies on a small Clouser Minnow and two on a Hares Ear. Surprisingly the two bigger (around 8") took the Hares Ear. Pretty good fight out of all of them. I think I will be targeting smallies more. They were a lot of fun. This is the first time I specifically went fishing for them, and really enjoyed it. Now I need to find some bigger ones.

i find that big creeks can have more big ones, but every creek has a monster or two sitting in some hard to reach pool. good luck man, have fun with the ww

I'm in P-ville and fish french and pickering all the time. The lower end of the pickering is loaded with largemouth and carp.

I did very well recently on the lower section of french one evening too. Park at redners. I fished down but I'd imagine you could fish up too. Caught chubs, rock bass, SMB, and RB sunnies.

Thanks paparise, I will have to check the lower french creek out. Im very close to there, I live near rt 401 and rt 100. I was thinking about checking out the manny, near pine forge, you ever have any luck there?

Back