Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Question for all the carp lovers

I am from Hanover so I have some lakes that have plenty of carp in them in the area. All these lakes are only Minutes from my house so I was thinking of taking up a little carp fishing after work when I dont have time to drive to fish trout. And perhaps save a little on gas at the same time.

Problem is I dont own a boat. One of the biggest reasons I got into fly fishing is I didnt have to spend big bucks on a boat. So is it worth while to attempt this with no boat?

I dont know much about carp fishing and I know people like to sight fish them but is it possible to blind cast for them? In a life time of fishing from a boat or shore I cant ever remember catching a carp while bass fishing or pan fishing.To be perfectly honest I never take notice to them. Now that I am thinking about fishing for them I am racking my brain trying to think of where I usually see them and if it would be possible to catch them.?

Posted on: 1/12 18:35

Re: Question for all the carp lovers

From Ransom, Pennsylvania
I did pretty well fishing carp without a boat, but I primarily fish streams. If you can find carp on shallow flats, wading or shore fishing (shore fishing preferable as carp can be spooky) should work out fine. Most carp feed in relatively shallow water, so unless we're talking about huge bodies of water a boat shouldn't be necessary.

Posted on: 1/12 19:12

From Harleysville
First you dont need a boat unless it is hard to wade. I have caught maybe 3 or 4 blind casting but it way less productive then sight fishing for them. Try to pick the right targets when carp fishing. The ones that are tailing or cruising the bottom slowly are usually better targets then the ones that are sunning themselves.

Posted on: 1/12 22:23

From Montgomery County
Definitely going to carp fish more this year.

I caught one while fishing for smallies in september and it got me hooked. Never had a fresh water fish fight so hard.

Posted on: 1/13 15:11

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Carp up here are hard to catch compared to other areas. But they are fun. A bugger or crawfish always seems to work here.

Attach file:

jpg  Image00001.jpg (32.21 KB)
112_52e237c911488.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 1/24 4:52

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com