Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Muskie in swatara behind hersheypark

From Secane
thanks guys that information will defiantly get me going in the right direction. Hey Fish, has there ever been a "Toothy Jam"?? just wondering??

Posted on: 2013/2/25 22:46

From Gettysburg
Quote:

mooney4 wrote:
Fish, has there ever been a "Toothy Jam"?? just wondering??

Nope. We've only had a couple warm water jams that were more or less official. I did point out some muskie spots on one of them but the main target was smallies. Some muskies were seen but none caught.
I'd enjoy a toothy jam but I'm not sure how many folks would show up. Might be worth a try - no need to make it a big thing.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 5:55

From Lancaster
There has been some really good information on this thread. I have been taking notes and soaking it all in. I am in the process of learning as much as I can about leader set up, bite guards, knots etc. Seems like everyone has there own spin on it but it has been very helpful. I will probably pick some brains at the Lancaster show. Need to get some materials to get a few leaders made! Soon time to be fishin'.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 9:17

From Cleona, Pa
I'm really hoping to get out this summer or fall for them. Probably spinning rod though to find out where they might be, then come back later.

I still there is ome in that stretch of the swatty, one time I was there fishing for smallies and saw a spin fisher with a 7" plug on and talked to him and sure enouph that's what he was after.

Posted on: 2013/2/26 12:49

From Gettysburg
Quote:

jkilroy wrote:
I still there is ome in that stretch of the swatty,

Yes, they're there. The PFBC stocks tiger muskellunge in Swatara Creek from the mouth up to the confluence with Manada Creek (which is just upstream from Hershey).

Posted on: 2013/2/26 17:24

From lebanon, pa
they are well up stream from hershey. never targeted them, but have seen more than a few over the years, and i rarely get down much farther than palmyra. the old park is locally known for them.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 20:32

I herd that is pretty dead in winter and fall. Spring and summer are supposed be the best to fish there

Posted on: 2013/3/4 8:53

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com