Lunch Break

JG63

JG63

Found a decent point/dropoff, fished from the bank, and caught and released 5 Whites and a nice Black on my own Estaz White Marabou Minnow. Great way to spend lunch hour!
IMG_2200.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2198.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2197.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2195.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2194.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2193.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2192.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2191.jpg
[/URL]

Sorry - 6 White Crappies and 1 nice Black Crappie. Pix from my iPhone. JG

Looks like a lunch break catching lunch. Nice looking fish sandwiches there!

Nice! A couple days ago I went out specifically targeting crappie, but got skunked. Then the next day I went targeting something else and couldn't keep the crappie from attacking my flies! They were small though, so they didn't end up becoming sandwiches.

I guess the spawn is happening or getting close to happening as the fish(3rd and 4th pic mainly) are darkening up already. Some of the ones I caught the other day were dark too.

btw, those are all black crappie imo. White crappie tend to have more vertical bars instead of spots/blotches scattered throughout.

Two thumbs up! Crappies have eluded me this spring (so far) and were not in the spots where I expect to find 'em in April - probably cold water. Anyway, they should be eager to eat now - good to see folks nailing slab sides on the long rod. Good stuff.

All of the side view fish are BLACK crappie. The dorsal view also appears to be a black. No doubts about the side view fish. Common error among most anglers.

Back