Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lunch Break

From Mechanicsburg PA
Found a decent point/dropoff, fished from the bank, and caught and released 5 Whites and a nice Black on my own Estaz White Marabou Minnow. Great way to spend lunch hour!
Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]Resized Image[/URL]

Posted on: 2013/5/4 0:20

Re: Lunch Break

From Mechanicsburg PA
Sorry - 6 White Crappies and 1 nice Black Crappie. Pix from my iPhone. JG

Posted on: 2013/5/4 0:22

From Butler
Looks like a lunch break catching lunch. Nice looking fish sandwiches there!

Posted on: 2013/5/4 8:48

From Ohio
Nice! A couple days ago I went out specifically targeting crappie, but got skunked. Then the next day I went targeting something else and couldn't keep the crappie from attacking my flies! They were small though, so they didn't end up becoming sandwiches.

I guess the spawn is happening or getting close to happening as the fish(3rd and 4th pic mainly) are darkening up already. Some of the ones I caught the other day were dark too.

btw, those are all black crappie imo. White crappie tend to have more vertical bars instead of spots/blotches scattered throughout.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 20:37

From Gettysburg
Two thumbs up! Crappies have eluded me this spring (so far) and were not in the spots where I expect to find 'em in April - probably cold water. Anyway, they should be eager to eat now - good to see folks nailing slab sides on the long rod. Good stuff.

Posted on: 2013/5/4 21:29

All of the side view fish are BLACK crappie. The dorsal view also appears to be a black. No doubts about the side view fish. Common error among most anglers.

Posted on: 2013/5/6 21:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com