Lancaster Area streams overlooked?

trevor

trevor

Any other guys on here that fish in Lancaster area? I find lots of fantastic streams near my house for smallmouth, carp, rock bass, sunnies, etc., and have a blast. But I never see anyone else on them! Not that I have a problem with that, but is Lancaster County an overlooked fishery?

Trevor, I think smallmouth, rock bass & sunnies make a great day of fly fishing, but only once hooked into a carp that was unfortunately no contest for the gear I was using. It was fun while it was on !!! ( see PM)

Any other guys on here that fish in Lancaster area? I find lots of fantastic streams near my house for smallmouth, carp, rock bass, sunnies, etc., and have a blast. But I never see anyone else on them! Not that I have a problem with that, but is Lancaster County an overlooked fishery?

Yes Lancaster is overlooked for its bass fishery. The smallmouth fishing was great this year!

Trevor,
What you've witnessed is typical throughout PA in my experience. Small, warm water creeks are generally not fished very hard and this is particularly true for FFers. You'll see some kids fishing them (or swimming in 'em) during summer but I have never seen - literally never seen - another FFer on any of the small WW creeks I frequent other than those I invited to fish with me.

Enjoy them and let folks gripe about how crowded the trout/steelhead streams are.

Back