I would poop my pants

Fredrick

Fredrick

Anybody up for a swim. Lol. Hmm time to try the 15wt out lol

Wow! Definitely a white shark.

Great whites have suddenly become common off the coast of MA in recent years (mostly the south end of Cape Cod) due to the great rise in seal populations. Sights like this will probably become more common. Hope the big fella found his way out. Wouldn't surprise me if the boat was trying to herd him toward the breachway at high tide. A small salt pond at low tide could be a death trap for a large shark.

That's pretty crazy!

I REALLY wanted to see one when I was on the cape in sept. All the beaches were closed to swimming, and apparently a couple were spotted/tagged the week I was there. Yet there was still a person or two I saw swimming...couldn't figure that one out.

Yeah fishing was way down from weather, seals, and sharks....Had the 12 wt. ready for old jaws....lol..

Attachments

• trip motorhome 2012-10-11 086.JPG
    trip motorhome 2012-10-11 086.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey I fished there one morning!

Did they still have shark t-shirts and memorabilia for sale from the shack? Thought that was pretty funny.

another pic, wouldn't take my seal pup fly..

Attachments

• trip motorhome 2012-10-11 090.JPG
    trip motorhome 2012-10-11 090.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 3
STOCKIE!!!

Why you don't wade in the Florida Bay.

Let's not forget the largest white shark ever caught was off montauk by frank mundus.

Love2fish wrote:
Let's not forget the largest white shark ever caught was off montauk by frank mundus.

Not quite.
There are indeed huge white sharks off Montauk and, in the mid 1980s Mundus caught a 3,400 lb whitie that was feeding on a whale. This fish was about 17' - I remember it well as there was media attention. The IGFA disqualified this fish for a host of technical reasons. Had it been accepted, it would have been the largest white shark caught on rod and reel. Mundus harpooned a bigger one back in 1964, the jaws of which hang in a diner in Montauk (a favorite breakfast joint of mine :)). Currently the largest official rod and reel whitie is 2664lbs from Australia - still the world record for over 50 years. Several white sharks in the 20' range have come from around the world's oceans. Mundus claims he got the biggest on rod and reel but there have been many larger ones seen or captured in nets.

15wt, small seal flies? First ever white shark caught on fly.

I think your gonna need a bigger boat!

Back