Getting into some teeth

D

dubthethorax

The local lake iced out and I spent a few minutes chucking some huge streamers the other day. This guy chased the streamer in about 15-20 feet and smashed it right in front of me.

Spring is almost here :)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 6
I gotta get on some chain picks... They're on my list!

I caught a chain pickerel on an adams irresistible once. I was reeling it in at the end of the day and the pickerel came up and hammered it, v-wake and everything. This was in Black Moshannon creek, below the dam. A surprise catch, for sure.

Hard to tell from that pic but i think that could be a pike, looks kinda greenish to me, nice fish either way!

I've caught 2 small ones on dries. Surprised me and probably them too.

Awesome fish! The closest place to me that has a decent pickerel population is closed right now for trout stocking. I dont think it has any that size though.

Also, that's not a pike- you can tell by the dark mark below the eye.

I caught a chain on a repala last year. It chased it right up to the bank. They must know when they're about to lose a meal... had to post it on fb so someone could tell me what it was...

It's definitely a chain, not a pike. You can tell by the side markings. That one is actually smaller for this body of water. I've caught some beasts out of there.

Dub, nox is iced out already ??

Wasn't Nock....the other side of 313 :)

Dub, that's cool. (congrats)He give much of a fight? I imagine if they take the fly far enough in their mouth there's a good chance they'll bite through the tippet? How big ya gotta go to not worry about that?

I lost a few streamers the following day from teeth because they seemed line shy so I went down to 3x. Bad idea.

Pickerel will fight as they get bigger, but the average sized ones aren't too tough. This guy hit close to shore and was pretty lethargic, but it was still a surprise to catch him.

It wasn't at peace valley was it

Back