Fly shops in the Rehoboth, De area?

J

JasonP329

I'm heading down there this weekend to fish with a buddy. Is there any shops in that area that would have fly fishing gear.

Dear Jason,

Old Inlet Bait and Tackle on Rte 1 south of Rehoboth before you get to Indian River Inlet has some flies and leaders and things like that.

Bill's Bait and Tackle also on Rte 1 in Lewes may have some fly gear too but neither shop caters to fly fishermen.

Have a good trip.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Jason:What do you guys need?Flys,rods?Advice?
PM me,I'm not far from rt 476 and Rt 202 which you will probably have to use to get to Rehobeth,maybe I can lend you some stuff.

I used to live in Delaware and fished the DE Bay for many years

does anyone really fly fish seriously down there ? - Cape Henlopen always looks so fishy to me, reminds me of South Beach in Chatham, but i see very few mentions on striper forums. the tip must be a good interception point in the migration surely ?

I see a lot of posts about AI, Bethany, Dewey, Rehoboth etc from the gear guys but zip about there.

is it a water issue - is the water too cloudy, or are the fish too far out ?

every year i say i must get down there and put some time in, but then I go trout fishing.....

would October be a good time to try for the fall run ?

cheers

Mark

I'll post pictures tonight of how we made out.

https://www.sfaod.com/

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2004-08-15/sports/0408150341_1_henlopen-flats-fishing-fishing-grounds

thanks Sandfly, that second article is very useful. I may see if I can tear myself away from the Trout in October.

I went to Rehoboth with the family a few years ago and didn't think there would be much of a fishing opportunity so didn't take any gear. One day we did drive north just to check it out and ended up at that pier in Henlopen State Park and my daughter was about 6 at the time and had a great time where you could wade out hundreds of yards and she was still fine with water only up to her waist. Caught tons of hermit crabs and a horseshoe crab by the posts for the pier which she found incredible.

Always thought that would be a good place to take a fly rod to hook into a few fish but that article confirms it.

Lewes harbor marina has some flies for sale down there. I surf fish in Cape henlopen a bunch but have yet to try fly fishing down there in any way.

Back