Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fly Fishing for Smallies in the Slippery Rock PA. Area

I am a fly fisherman from San Diego, CA.. My wife (who also fly fishes) and I will be out in the Slippery Rock area late July and early August for a Medieval War at Coppers Lake Campground. We hope to get out a couple of days for some smallmouth bass fly fishing. We don't have smallies in Southern California. We are both strict C&R fisherman. We were hoping some of you would be willing to share your knowledge regarding places to try, what color and type flies to use. Or anything else you think might be helpful. I wouldn't expect anyone to give up their honey holes of course. Can anyone suggest a good or any fly shop in the general area too. Thank you for any and all help!

Take care!

Joe

Posted on: 2008/6/19 12:52

Re: Fly Fishing for Smallies in the Slippery Rock PA. Area

Joe,

Slippery Rock creek which will be very close to you is an excellent smallmouth fishery and you may even get into some trout. There is a stretch of fly-fishing only water within a reasonable distance to your campground. Streamers like wooly buggers and fur leech patterns work well as do Clousers in chartruse and white. Wading can be a little hairy depending on water volume and they don't call it Slippery Rock for nothing!

Good luck!

Jeff

Posted on: 2008/6/20 12:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com