Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Evil on my screen door

From Ohio
Quote:
One of my best memories of bugs was at a Harrisburg Senators game years ago when I was a kid. I was 10 at most so my recollection might be a little off. The Senators baseball team plays near the river (City Island?) and as the sun went down and the stadium lights came on, a huge hatch of big duns descended on the spectators. People were freaking out and slipping on squashed mayflies. Girls had them in their hair. It looked like it was snowing bugs. I was too young to know what they were but it was a wild scene. Anyone ever experience this? Or know what kind of mayflies they might've been?

A couple of years ago I was at a Browns game at there were these mayflies all over the stadium! They didn't really bother anybody but they where everywhere! I guess they were hexes but from what I remember they kinda looked like sulfurs. They must of been coming off of the big lake.

Posted on: 2011/6/20 16:06

From SW PA
Found this wasp looking creature on Meadow Run a few weeks ago,,, enjoy!Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/21 0:48

From Maytown, PA
Its a wolf spider, pretty common, and I have seen the largest ones along streams.

Posted on: 2011/6/23 6:06

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

caveman wrote:
Its a wolf spider, pretty common, and I have seen the largest ones along streams.

Thanks Cave. I have seen one on a stream in Cumberland Co. I almost accidentally stepped on it. It never retreated. It would just raise its legs up at my foot. I left it alone and it just stayed on its rock.

Posted on: 2011/6/23 23:45

From Pittsburgh
Hahah I found one of those stag beetles on my front porch at the old house when I was probably 6 or 7. I caught him and kept him untill he died. Im pretty sure the pincers are useless though, at least I never got pinched by mine.

The spider on the other hand, I just wanna kill it.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 9:54

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

FrequentTyer wrote:
Aww come on guys, it's just a little beetle..
That spider on the other hand gives me the creeps! I was driving yesterday and noticed a very big (50 cent piece sized) spider crawling across the steering column. My attempts to prevent it from dropping on my legs predictably caused it to drop on my legs all wile travelling at highway speed in an unfamiliar place. Worst of all, I never found him. Does any one want to buy a car?

I can relate. I almost rolled my very first car (Pontiac T-100, a chevette look-a-like) when a good-sized spider dropped down on my face and I freaked out trying to get it off. Next thing I knew I had run over a big curb, blowing two tires and the car dug into the truf then and flipped up on one side before come back to rest on all four wheels! Let's just say I had a little arachnophobia but over time I've gotten much better with it. After I got the car towed my old man picked me up, only had one thing to say when I told him what happened "you're an ass!"

I'll bet some of you baseball fans remember the AL playoff game several years ago between Yankees and Indians at Jacobs Field? A huge hatch of midges from nearby Lake Erie descended upon the field, especially on Yankees rookie pitcher Joba Chamberlain. They were all over him, crawling in his ears, nose and actually affected his otherwise brilliant pitching.

Posted on: 2011/6/24 11:19

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com