Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Delaware Water Gap

From Berks County
Hi All,
I plan on floating from Dingman's Ferry to Bushkill on Saturday. I have a question. The area is supposed to get about a half inch of rain tonight from this cold front coming through. The river is at a nice level right now. How does the river hold up after rain? I had to cancel a couple trips up there over the years because it was blown out and it would really bum me out if that is the case this year. Thanks for any info.

Troy

Posted on: 2012/6/22 8:48

Re: Delaware Water Gap
From Chester County
Quote:

Troy wrote:
Hi All,
I plan on floating from Dingman's Ferry to Bushkill on Saturday. I have a question. The area is supposed to get about a half inch of rain tonight from this cold front coming through. The river is at a nice level right now. How does the river hold up after rain? I had to cancel a couple trips up there over the years because it was blown out and it would really bum me out if that is the case this year. Thanks for any info.

Troy

Troy,

Nice section of river for a float. The D doesn't usually go off-color very easily, and 1/2" of rain is really no big deal. The level, clarity and temps are all good-to-go for smallies right now. Have a great trip and post a report.

Posted on: 2012/6/22 8:59

From Berks County
afishinado,
Thanks! It is a great float. We do it every year. We couldn't do it last year because it was blown out the date we had planned. We did do it one year when it was blown out and it wasn't fun. It was chocolate milk. Needless to say, we didn't fair so well and it only took us about 3 hours to float 10 miles. There was no anchoring and no pulling off to the bank. It sucked.

We always camp along the river in those primitive sites. One year we saw a bear swim across the river. Every year we see the Bald Eagles. It is a nice place. It would be even nicer if Route 209 wasn't there, but at least you can't see it most of the time. Oh, the smallie fishing is good too

Posted on: 2012/6/22 9:07

From SEPA
A half inch when we have been dry for a while will not change the water much at all. Conditions will be good. Last time I was out the smallies were in their usual June funk, let's hope they come out of that soon.

Posted on: 2012/6/22 10:22

From Berks County
Thanks Beeber! I hope this warm weather gets them going.

Posted on: 2012/6/22 11:04

From Berks County
Not much to report. We caught more Walleye than Smallies. We saw a bunch of Shad, dead and alive. In a couple weeks, it should be good. It was still fun on the river.

Posted on: 2012/6/26 9:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com