Connie or Sherman Creeks

B

blhorick

I have a planned trip to the Susquehanna/Juniata River this weekend, but I am concerned both will be running too fast/high to float/wade. Has anyone floated the Connie or Sherman Creeks before. I was looking at google maps and found some possible spots to put in at, but thought I would ask to see if there were a better more accessible spots. Ideally I would like to float to the Susky if possible.

Thanks

Both are worth exploring, but currently blown out.

If the rain holds off, they might be doable by the weekend. Connie fishes best when it is below 2' gage height. Once under about 1.5' it would be tough to float IMO.

Connie is, generally, a bigger waterway and has a PFBC canoe trail. If Connie is still a high and dirty, it might still make for a fun float even if fishing conditions aren't perfect. However, if the storms continue this week, you might wait for better conditions.

(I'm ready to start hitting bass on the rivers for the summer season, but conditions just haven't allowed for it. On the other hand, small mountain trout streams have been great lately. Sometimes yuh gotta take what nature offers).

Fishidiot wrote:
Both are worth exploring, but currently blown out.

If the rain holds off, they might be doable by the weekend. Connie fishes best when it is below 2' gage height. Once under about 1.5' it would be tough to float IMO.

Connie is, generally, a bigger waterway and has a PFBC canoe trail. If Connie is still a high and dirty, it might still make for a fun float even if fishing conditions aren't perfect. However, if the storms continue this week, you might wait for better conditions.

(I'm ready to start hitting bass on the rivers for the summer season, but conditions just haven't allowed for it. On the other hand, small mountain trout streams have been great lately. Sometimes yuh gotta take what nature offers).

++1^

I've driven over the Connie twice this week and it's in good shape. Easily waded. The Susky in Dauphin is slightly stained but has really dropped over the last 48-72 hrs. Boat recommend. I saw the Juniata in passing today where it enters in Duncannon ....looked pretty good and would think some wading is possible.

I'll be on one of these Saturday afternoon/evening. Just haven't decided yet, gonna try out my new 8 wt.

Back