Codorus-downtown York

sipe

sipe

Tonight I was with the family at the Revolution game and saw a guy flyfishing right near the stadium. Growing up in York, I had the impression that this stretch of the "Inky Stinky" was nearly dead. Anybody ever fish in this area or anywhere downstream?

You can catch Smallmouth, Rock Bass, Sunfish, Walleye, and Channel Cats downstream at Rudy Park. I used to take my kids there years ago. I would not dare eat anything from that water though...

Night stalker is correct. To that I would add redbreast sunfish and carp. Find the habitat with deeper water along the rocky shorelines or in the sections with deep center channels and you'll find the fish mentioned throughout the City of York, even in the most industrialized sections near West York.

Have at it. I counted two dozen carp from the George St. Bridge one day. All +20 inches. Not too many bass or game fish in the down town area. They are in there though, just gotta find the spots.

I guess if I hit up the codorus, I'll prolly head closer to the Saginaw area where it dumps into the river. Should I expect the same SMB problems in the lower Codorus as in the river?

And watch for rats.....ahhh those youthful summer nights, watching them scurry about while eating wings, drinking buckets and buckets o' 'Rocks on the old G'man deck/porch.

I'd be half afraid my waders would melt if i waded into that stream 'round them parts.

Pm sent.

I'm out in york once a week been thinking of fishing the Codorus for carp, would Rudy park be a good area to start?

There is a walking trail adjacent to Rudy that goes along the COdorus. I have not fished it there but pass by there often, never see anyone fishing though. It could be a sleeper but as mentioned above, below the next bridge near the Sewer plant is a popular kayaking pout in spot and had more features[read habitat]. But the area along the walking trail is slower and deeper and could be productive. Just don't know for sure.

Back