Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: Are you ready ? The fall run is almost upon us .........

From Glendora nj
We have been hitting Resident Stripers all year. Some big residents also in those back bay deep holes. I love watching all the boats in the rips off Cape May. We work the jetty's and bridges at night and look for the birds during the day. When not fly fishing we always kill them on the troll.

Posted on: 2012/10/4 12:00

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Chef, we will be discussing an upcoming trip to the salt tomorrow at your place.

Posted on: 2012/10/4 13:34

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Glendora nj
Sounds good to me. Got the boat in the water not sure she is good for that type of fishing. But my buddy charters his skiff for the fly fishing.

Posted on: 2012/10/4 21:30

From Chester County
Recent pic from Montauk....

The buoys are out!!

Attach file:

jpg  Montauk pic.jpg (65.26 KB)
53_506ed9dfaafef.jpg 700X525 px

Posted on: 2012/10/5 9:00

From Glenside
I'll be near AC the first weekend in November, thinking of packing my 8wt. Would love to get into some stripers or really anything that's biting. Don't have much experience in the salt, anyone know of any good beaches or areas to hit up that would be near AC?

Posted on: 2012/10/6 18:27

From Philly
For a quick trip, there are a couple of jetties towards the northern end of the boardwalk in ac. Just be careful, these can be dangerous and I would definitely recommend wearing some type of studs/korkers if you decide to fish from the rocks. The beaches in Brigantine are nice too...and a little bit less developed the further north you go.

I've never had much luck down this way; but I have a friend who lives there, and has been doing well this past week from both the beach and the bay.

Posted on: 2012/10/6 20:17

From Glenside
Jay, thanks for the info. The brigantine beaches look promising on google, only a 20 minute drive from where I'll be. Think I'll definitely check them out and see how it goes.

Posted on: 2012/10/6 23:40

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
There are a lot of good spots near AC. That where I do a bulk of my striper fishing. It's more bait fishing but the are some good spots to toss a fly it. The inlet between AC and brig is good. A few other spots in longport from the beaches. But north jersey if more fly fishing area for jersey IMO.
These is a chill in the air. Time to start hitting the beach. Best time of year when you have to where waders and a hoodie. No more meatheads at the beach and you get to duke it out with someone from new York. I love the fall run.

Posted on: 2012/10/7 1:46

From Glenside
Thanks marc, I was thinking of taking some surf gear and setting one up to let sit while I toss a fly in. Are there any particular colors (thinking flies) that are best for stripers? What about live bait rigs? Don't mean to hijack this thread but any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on: 2012/10/7 10:31

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Clousers decivers and maybe sandeel epoxies or ez body flies. For bait go to riptide the guys are great and give good advice. Hi lo rigs for fishing clams and bunker chunks. A fish finder rig for fishing bunker heads. If fishing at night, the best way to catch fish is with live eels. The big old nastys. I caught my biggest bass in that general area and on a live eel was pushing in the 40. You fish them like a lure but slow. If you think you are reeling slow reel even slower. Any big bass can nOt pass a swimming eel. Your in a good area to fish with them.

Posted on: 2012/10/7 17:09

From Delaware Co.
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Pics from Montauk

Posted on: 2012/10/8 8:45

From Gettysburg
Would love to get to Montauk this year but it's probably not gonna happen. That pic of the fella hooked up (strange he's wearing hip boots, lots of folks there wear full wetsuits).....reminds me of my best day of surf striper fishing which was at that same spot. This would have been Oct 2003 - caught so many bass I quit from sore arms and just watched the show. Acre sized schools of breaking fish right in among the shoreline rocks. I was standing on one of these rocks and the fish were just smashing all around me.....

The stuff of dreams.

However, even Montauk can show you the skunk, as it did the last time I was there.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 9:40

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Are you up there now Fred?

Posted on: 2012/10/8 14:48

From Delaware Co.
I wish but i'm extremely tempted to just call out of work for a few days and run up there .

Posted on: 2012/10/8 19:18

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Just heard a report from a friend who was in north jersey last Friday and Saturday. He said it on. Bass and blues blowing bait up 20 yards of the beach. It finally coldso it should only get better. Fish blitzing on peanuts. Nothing beats it.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 19:23

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com