HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Anyone like to Bass Fish?

From Pgh
Quote:

StarvinMarvin wrote:
Huh I have some spots that don't see so much pressure and we use a canoe and go to spots unaccssible by foot, but what streamers or poppers do you use to catch those wipers ? I've been dying to land one on my 6 wt

Clousers are a necessity. They've taken more fish for me than any other fly. Also, just a nice big white wooly bugger #4 or #6 works well.... oh hell, practically any streamer-type fly that may loosely resemble the alewife will work. White is key. White poppers work later in the season also -- I use pencil-style poppers as well as standard bass hard bodies.

A 6-weight huh? That may be fine for most under 20", but if you hook into a 15-pounder, good luck.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 15:02

From Philadelphia PA
Bikerfish: Is'nt that a little to close to home..where is your sense of adventure?

Posted on: 2013/2/6 16:55
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Pgh

" by bikerfish on 2013/2/6 15:02:18
we might have to do a lake arthur warm water jam! I'm only 5 minutes from there and fish it quite often."

Sounds good to me... we've probably run into each other before biker fish. I frequent the same waters as you.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:07

Edited by greenghost on 2013/2/6 17:26:22

From lower burrell, pa
I'd be up for that jam, I fished Arthur all summer in my underpowered POC boat, just before I got into FF. Planning on bringing the flyrod with me this year. May repower the boat for the spring

Posted on: 2013/2/6 17:22

From SW PA
quick question i fish a pond that gets cover with what we call "duck weed" no clue if thats what its actually called lol. anyway we do really well on big large mouths. this algae skims the whole pond if i fish this with a mouse pattern will the fish be turned off with the fly line making streaks through the water during my retrieve.
thanks
adam

Posted on: 2013/2/6 18:03

From Butler, Pa
No, just use a longer leader, and yeah a JAM sounds fantastic to me, as far as the 6 WT goes I think it'll work I land steelhead on it.
Thanks for the tips, I've often thought about just throwing an alewife on the fly pole but I just feel it would defeat the purpose.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 19:02

From pgh
Arthur is my go to for quick ww getaway. A get together sounds good to me. Ive got a canoe. Same meeting spot as before? 3 am at the mensroom? (kidding..but it always creeps me out leaving there late at night...haven't heard much of that in the past few summers though..)

Posted on: 2013/2/9 12:50

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com