Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

where should i camp

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
i am looking for a place to go in the first week of sept. some good fishing in the area to if you guys can help it would be great.

thanks marc

Posted on: 2010/8/18 19:26

Re: where should i camp
From Gettysburg
Are you looking at a particular region of the state? If not, there are simply too many options to list - although, as a general rule, I'd recommend a state park. If you could be more specific, you'll likely get more specific info as there are countless camping opportunities around the state.

Posted on: 2010/8/18 19:45

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
i didnt wanna be picky but something within 2.5 hours from phily and with good trout stream near or on the grounds. i was looking at locust lake but im open to anything.

thanks marc

Posted on: 2010/8/18 20:03

From collegeville, pa
hickory run in the poconos, the stream runs next to it...fish it from top to bottom and some the feeders...plenty to keep you busy...you can even follow it down to the Lehigh

Posted on: 2010/8/20 14:30

From York, PA
I'd second staying in a state park. The facilities are generally maintained well, which cannot be said for some other campgrounds.

Posted on: 2010/8/22 22:29

From Bucks County
In my opinion, the best place to camp and FF is on the banks of slate run just outside of slate run PA. The best spot is found by following the black forest trail from its trailhead on slate run road down to the creek. There are campsites on either side of the creek. It is primitive tent camping only with no facilities, you are bassically in the middle of no where. This is the best wild trout, freestone fishing in PA. Scenerey is impossible to beat. There are multiple sites along slate run and you can even backpack from one to another for a more enjoyable experience. There are also a number of roadside campsites available with permits in the area and close to fishing. Pine creek is within walking distance also. Its more like 3.5-4 hrs from philly but completley worth it. Message me if you want more info.

Posted on: 2010/8/24 20:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com