tieing indies

hunter1

hunter1

I'v tried qiut a few indercator typs. I like wool the best. Any recomendations on which ones to use and also a good way to attach yarn to the tippet or leader. i'm using bio float now, it's ok but can get messy and fall off. Plus my old eyes pikup the wool yarn better.

Go to lowes get some small rubber o-rings fold the yarn over the line slip on the o-ring. Other option is to use two o-rings and use loop-loop, pull the yarn through the one half way then and slip the other down over top. Second stays put better.

I think rubber bands would achieve the same also.

http://www.flyguysoutfitting.com/tutorials/tying-techniques/yarn-indicator

Well, there you go. Thanks wsender.

I do the same thing as the link. I actually use foam though. Just cut the foam into small strips and follow the steps in the link.

ryguyfi wrote:
I do the same thing as the link. I actually use foam though. Just cut the foam into small strips and follow the steps in the link.

I heard in a podcast (I don't remember which one) that the guy who swam with trout studying them said that foam scares them the most, and yarn the least. As soon as I heard that I switched.

I don't use the foam very often any more. It's pretty much high sticking 75% of the time and thingamabobbers the rest of the time.

Thank's for the advise, but what kind of knot do .you use to secure it to line.

Make a loop with your leader in your fingers.
Pass that loop through the o-ring and over the indi.
Then tighten. If you need to adjust the indi just slide it, or loosen the connection.
to remove the indi just loosen the connection and pass the leader loop back over the indi.

Side note:
You don't need o-rings.

Just hold the year in your hand and wrap about an inch and a half of the yarn. Then fold it over and tie both sides together. A couple half hitches or a whip finish (if you are good) and head cement.

Thank's gives me somthing to do.

Back