bungee cords a source of round rubber

flyeyeeye

flyeyeeye

After fishing one day, I noticed a discarded bungee cord that was badly mutilated. I picked this up to dispose of properly. Upon further inspection, I noticed the interior was composed of strands of dark round rubber, perfect for use with flies. I took this home and stripped away the exterior and ended up with a bag full of round rubber that should last me a long time.

lol, nice. I too have a stash of round rubbers, but use them for other uses.

We should start a thread. Something like 'Renegade tying materials'.

I've been using ziploc bags for 'scud backing'. Works great.

I'm always on the look out for cheap (usually a $1 a pair) flip flops. Some of them are made of great foam for turned popper/slider heads and such.

Regarding scud backs, I like to use latex gloves. A number of grocery stores have a box available to keep your hands clean when returning soda bottles. One or two go a long ways.

Here's a pic of the flip flop foam poppers I use, they work very well. The fish seem to like them, and they are very durable -

popper1.jpg

pszy22 wrote:
Here's a pic of the flip flop foam poppers I use, they work very well. The fish seem to like them, and they are very durable -

popper1.jpg

Looks great. I've heard of people using flip flop foam for general foam stuff, ie. ants, beetles, etc.

Wal mart had a lot of cheap flip flops this year, although I didn't see any brown, they had radioactive green though.

Check the close out section at Micheal's. Lots of goodies. Beads, chenille, yarn, etc.

Back