Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Re: Your largest wild/native trout?

From "THE VILLE"
My biggest wild brookie is 14in. An a acouple of wild browns around 14 from Spring creek nothin special there.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 18:36
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From Altoona/Smoke Run
I caught a 26 in. 9 lb. brown that was def. wild in a place where most people would never even consider fishing. I wanna go back this year and see if he's still there, and how big he is.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 16:53

From Ohio
My biggest wild brown was an 18 incher. I really thought it was 20" so I measured and was dissapointed to find it only taped out at 18". It's girth was the size of a 1 liter pop bottle. It was still one hell of a wild fish.

Posted on: 2011/2/12 10:34

From Southwest, Pa
lot of browns and brooks, but my most notable is this bow from a wild stretch... fins sharp enough to cut glass

Resized Image

Resized Image

took a dry as well... easy fight in a freestone wild bow/brook stretch though ;)

Posted on: 2011/2/15 19:58

-Art Lee

From Montgomery County
That bow is freakin sick... regardless of how many times you post it;)

How long was it anyway? Looks to go a good 16... enormous for a small freestone.

Posted on: 2011/2/15 20:13

From Southwest, Pa
haha yea i know.. it has been posted a lot...

I'm not sure how big it was, but I would put right around your estimate, I have some other pics that are blurry of me tailing it in the water. will dig them up at home tonight.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 9:04

-Art Lee

From Eastern PA
I got a pretty good chuckle looking at the OP, with skin mounted wild brown and signature line "Protect the resource, let them go".

Attach file:

jpg  wild.jpg (34.48 KB)
2943_4d5c601df29ba.jpg 426X325 px

Posted on: 2011/2/16 18:37

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
I got a pretty good chuckle looking at the OP, with skin mounted wild brown and signature line "Protect the resource, let them go".

You're easily amused. That's one of a total of 2 (both worthy of mounting) wild trout that I've kept in 30 years of fishing. Do you find that contradictory to my sig to the point that it's necessary to mention?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:17

From Lewistown
What if it was a reproduction?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:23

From Johnstown, PA
Wild.....it's your God given right to kill and have mounted as many wild trout as is legally permitted that you want to........but.......protect the resource , let them go.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:23

From Bozeman
Quote:

wildtrout2 wrote:
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:

You're easily amused. That's one of a total of 2 (both worthy of mounting) wild trout that I've kept in 30 years of fishing. Do you find that contradictory to my sig to the point that it's necessary to mention?

Give this man a valium. I think jdaddy was poking you in the ribs, not calling you out. Chill. Breathe. Relax.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:37

From Mont Co, Pa
Quote:

osprey wrote:
Wild.....it's your God given right to kill and have mounted as many wild trout as is legally permitted that you want to........but.......protect the resource , let them go.

So, I guess I can't call myself a C&R fisherman ha? lol I caught and released my best ever (13 1/2") native last year. Many guys will never see one that big, let alone catch one. Simple point, not that there should have to be one, is releasing 99.9% of my trout still makes me a C&R guy.

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:40

From Johnstown, PA
Can I have the valium?

Posted on: 2011/2/17 9:52

From lancaster county
Steve, actually.....never stop posting that pic. I can honestly say I dont think anyone is sick of looking at the fins on that bow. I have never seen any EVER that defined on a trout. Its very nice indeed.

My largest wilds:

15 wild brook trout from Slate Run. Sorry no pic of that fish. I really really wish I had one. It was beautiful. I do have a pic of a Schuylkill County Brook that I cherish. One of the most beautiful I ever caught in PA.
Resized Image

Largest Wild Bow from a Limestone Spring. Went around 25. No pic of that fish either.

Largest Tiger from a Limestone Spring. Calm down! its pretty but not wild My brother caught this fish. Just thought I would throw a nice fish pic here.
Resized Image

Largest Wild Brown to date I have a pic of and posted it here years ago. Caught in a York County Freestone stream.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Interesting enough, a certain someone is going to check this place out 2morrow and its not me Good Luck Bro! Though I got a feeling these big browns are more seasonal. We will try this Summer to see if any return.

I have had larger wild browns hooked and lost......most from the Lackawanna River. One of these dang days Ill show you guys what a non Delaware River Super Trout looks like The shear size of those fish are amazing and they are by no means pushovers.

I saw a wild brown this size in the Letort before. I was on the bank in the shade looking down at the undercut I was over. About 20 small browns at the base of that undercut. I looked up for a second and a brown that has to be WELL over 6-7lbs was slowly swimming upstream. He scared the crap out of me in that crystal clear water as he started to swim past me. I could see every detail and spot on the side of that fish. He had a kype and was very very colorful. Looked more reddish than yellow. Just as I started to puzzle together a way to catch this fish (let him swim past and get upstream, get in good position, make sure your in position to throw over the cress between you and him and cast to him soft/slow)....he saw me somehow. He darted directly at me and went under that deep undercut at lightning speed. I did not expect this and it actually kinda startled me again. Funny thing was the 20 small browns I was looking at turned into about 50 from under that undercut. They almost looked like glass that was dropped/ shattering and scattering across a marble floor outward in all directions. The bank explosion from the Tomahawk Trout Missile..........startled me again. Remembering this makes ME need a valium too. Do we have a PAflyfish Rx here? We need a large order in this thread. Ill take 2.

By far one of the coolest things I ever saw while on the stream and a memory that I will never forget. Come to think of it now, while I would have loved to land that fish.......this was better.

The mystery and memories of my failures on the Letort I cherish with all my heart.

Posted on: 2011/2/18 3:15

From Johnstown, PA
Steve.......i'm with Sal on the rainbow pics , especially to be caught "out west here" Falling Springs or some other down easterns , yeah , but out here .........priceless.......don't tell where i don't blame you , post the pic from time to time to emphasize potential. SAL......are you positive that Tiger is a stockie? Looks ...............wild , beauty brookies n browns too , i miss livin on BS and the rest of the east , but as Steve shows , we have our days. TL2all.

Posted on: 2011/2/18 6:25

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com