Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Veggie Wash

From Attitudinally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
I happened onto an interesting thing the other day. Other folks like me who are indifferent maintainers of their equipment may find it of occasional use.

I needed a reel to spool a new WF7F so I could get ready to go smallmouth fishing if and when the rivers I fish in this area ever drop to fishable levels.

So, I was digging around in a closet where I have this major pile of old stuff. I found an old 70-80's vintage Cortland graphite reel that had a serious case of the gummies from indifferent care and from sitting in the closet for about 20 years.

I set about cleaning it up and I went looking for some solvent to clean the gunk out of it. On my way out the door to the shed to get the solvent, I passed through the kitchen and saw a spray bottle of this stuff called Veggie Wash, which is a citrus-based product used to rinse pesticide residue and other crud off produce.

"Why not"? I thought. Citrus oils are pretty good grease cutters. So, I gave the guts of the reel a couple squirts and dug around in there with an old toothbrush. It took 2 applications, but it cleaned the reel slicker than goose poop on linoleum.

One rinse with water, add some lube and away we go.

I thought this was pretty good and decided I'd share it.

Posted on: 2008/6/24 18:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com