Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tenkara first thoughts

'reaching across a stream to a small pocket is no problem with the 12' rod."
are cane poles legal in FFO areas?
Just kidding--I probably would be an addict also but pasteurized now.

Posted on: 4/27 17:41

From Clinton County, Pa.
You guys laugh all you want. Tenkara rods are NOT cane poles. I now own two and just recently fished Spring Creek with my newest purchase, a Tenkara USA "Yamame" 12 footer. I use their furled 10.5' leader. The dry fly presentations are amazing. I had a fellow who had been working a good riser in a tough spot which had a bunch of conflicting currents. He could not manage a decent drift. He told me to try and in short order the 13" brown rose without hesitation and sucked in my size 16 sulpher dry. Landed him with no problems. I bowed to the fish LOL then moved on. I outfished my two friends that night who were using conventional gear. Tenkara rods are serious fly rods. They are not toys. I did ask the fellow who let me try for the trout if he had ever heard of Tenkara- Japanese Fly Fishing. He had not. I told him about the history and techniques used in Tenkara. He was amazed. In my experience most guys who bash Tenkara have never tried it. Try it you may like it. I do! To me it is another weapon in my arsenal. If you meet me on the stream with a Tenkara rod, ask to try a few casts. You may discover the same thing I did. They are just flat out plain fun to cast and fish!

Posted on: 5/30 11:51

From Penns Creek Canyon

sigh

Posted on: 5/30 12:20

From Granville
I have a buddy who only fishes Tenkara. I've tried one of his rods before. Tenkara has plenty of limitations. I'm not bashing it, but I enjoy casting a line. Plus when we smallmouth fish he can't put nearly the action into surface flies.

Posted on: 6/20 6:24

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com