Rose Bush Clippers

F

Fishidiot

Many of the trout streams I frequent have banks that are clogged with dense growth of Multiflora Rose (Yellow Breeches is particularly bad). Among the gadgets in my fishing vest that gets the most use is a small pair of clippers of the type used by gardeners to trim rose bushes and similar plants. By the time trout season opens, many of the trails along streams have nasty, quarter inch thick, thorny strands of Multiflora Rose blocking them. Low lying branches can simply be stepped on but when there are several and they are more than a couple feet high, a pair of clippers comes in real handy. Often this time of year, I take out the clippers at the beginning of the fishing trip and keep it in a pocket where I can access it quickly.

Just be careful of that on Public lands. Some have very strict laws against cutting, trimming, picking or doing anything to plants...

I carry them turkey hunting and plan on switching them over to my fly fishing set up in a few weeks.

on some trails I'd like to carry a flame thrower, but that would probably squash my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Back