Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Rigging up a tandem

pc-

Thanks for sharing. Have'nt tried a clinch knot on the leader above the blood knot. I will give it a try.

Can't wait to wet fly fish during caddis and slate drake hatches this coming season. Last year, it was an eye opner how effective this method was. In addition; wish I fished more wets when starting out. Not as much casting and accuracy is not as critical as many other methods of fly fishing it seems.

I love fly fishing.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 11:01

From Chester County
Paul,

Try this to replace your dropper. Take a short piece of tippet material for your dropper and tie a loop on one end. Attach it above your tippet knot by running the loop through itself (like you would do when attaching a thingamabobber or yarn indicator). You can use lighter tippet material for the dropper since the loop end is now doubled on the main line, which makes it stand out 90* as desired. It's a quick and easy way to replace the dropper without retying everything. Good luck.

Posted on: 2008/12/12 11:18

Afish- wow!

That seems like such a simple solution thanks for sharing. That's a solution I can say I doubt I would have came up with. Can't wait to try them out. Thx Paul

Posted on: 2008/12/12 11:26

Afishinado,

good stuff buddy. I never even thought about that...Thanks

Posted on: 2008/12/13 0:05

From Upper Saucon, PA
When fishing two flies, I like to do it simple, and tie onto the hook bend of my dry fly. Dragging a San Juan or a nymph under a nice fluffy winged dry during the right time of the year allows two opportunities. You can grab those looking for nymphs and those top feeding trout have the chance to hit that dry.

Posted on: 2009/1/19 22:24

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
Methods:

1. Tie trailing fly to bend of first fly.

Advantages: Quick and easy.
Disadvantages: Line on hook makes you miss more fish on the 1st fly. Think about it, fish has trouble taking that fly without hitting the line first, which pushes away the fly.

I have to agree with pcray1231 regarding the disadvantages of the method of tying the other fly to the bend of the hook.

In my experience I rarely catch fish on the top fly in this type of rig. I believe that it is because of the line getting the way.

The only time I use this method is when I am using a a dryfly as a bobber - oops I mean strike indicator.

Posted on: 2009/2/19 11:33

From ridley
Great thread!!! I usually tie my second fly off the bend of the hook on the first fly , But now you guys have really opened my eyes to a couple of different ideas . I never thought of leaving the tag end long , gotta try it ! I like the possibilities of two flys but mostly tangle . Thanks for the tips

Posted on: 2009/2/19 21:15

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Afish,

That is a good suggestion, I've never thought of it. I will give it a try, sounds perfect.

Posted on: 2009/2/20 12:37

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com