Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2007/7/2 19:40
Posts: 1265
Offline
funny you brought that up farmer-
down here they just re-opened the jetties on what is considered the best inlet to fish on the entire east coast--
they had to close the jetties to fishing as the jetty fishermen were trying to hurt the boaters coming through that got too close--for years they had an armed person keeping watch but budget cuts stopped that.
mixed emotions here because I may have aimed at a few surfers off piers.

Posted on: 5/30 8:16
_________________
lurking like a barracuda or a toad fish


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2016/2/26 9:10
Posts: 787
Offline
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
Back to the OP.

This is the way it should work and this is only opinion.

Two guys fishing, one working upstream, the other down.

They end up fishing within sight of each other.

Who should yield first? That would be the one who moves first.

It's really that simple. You are both out there to fish and enjoy the outdoors. No need to be a Richard Cranium, either way.


I never asked for your opinion on what to do, I just asked what do you do. But thanks

Posted on: 5/30 9:41


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 3500
Offline
Quote:

NewSal wrote:
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
Back to the OP.

This is the way it should work and this is only opinion.

Two guys fishing, one working upstream, the other down.

They end up fishing within sight of each other.

Who should yield first? That would be the one who moves first.

It's really that simple. You are both out there to fish and enjoy the outdoors. No need to be a Richard Cranium, either way.


I never asked for your opinion on what to do, I just asked what do you do. But thanks


OK then. Please allow me to rephrase that.

I usually yield regardless of which direction I am fishing, which is usually upstream, because I am usually the one to move first. It's the polite thing to do.


Posted on: 5/30 9:52
_________________
Hank Patterson for President.



Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2007/7/2 19:40
Posts: 1265
Offline
and there is a whole lot to move so takes awhile.

Posted on: 5/30 9:54
_________________
lurking like a barracuda or a toad fish


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 3500
Offline
Quote:

pete41 wrote:
and there is a whole lot to move so takes awhile.


Used to be.

Lost about 70 lbs. OK, there is still a lot to move but I'm still working on it.

Posted on: 5/30 9:56
_________________
Hank Patterson for President.



Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2007/7/2 19:40
Posts: 1265
Offline
yeah-I went from 225 [muscle head] to 150--only took 50 years-who needs Marie.

Posted on: 5/30 10:00
_________________
lurking like a barracuda or a toad fish


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2011/5/3 12:22
From Morgantown, PA
Posts: 1020
Offline
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
When fishing a pond, anyone fishing clockwise should yield to those fishing in a counterclockwise direction.


Very interesting. This leads to many additional potential scenarios in my mind...What if two anglers are both fishing downstream on two separate tributaries and they arrive at the confluence of those two tributaries at the exact same time? Who has the right of way to continue fishing down the resulting larger stream below the confluence? Yield to thy angler on your right?

Posted on: 5/30 10:06


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 3500
Offline
Quote:

Swattie87 wrote:
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
When fishing a pond, anyone fishing clockwise should yield to those fishing in a counterclockwise direction.


Very interesting. This leads to many additional potential scenarios in my mind...What if two anglers are both fishing downstream on two separate tributaries and they arrive at the confluence of those two tributaries at the exact same time? Who has the right of way to continue fishing down the resulting larger stream below the confluence? Yield to thy angler on your right?


Neither. Didn't you see the guy fishing upstream just below the confluence?

Posted on: 5/30 11:09
_________________
Hank Patterson for President.



Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2014/6/18 20:59
Posts: 1632
Offline
I don't yield to up or downstream fishers. If I see other fishermen, I try to get away from them. As for fishing up or downstream, I'll do what the situation dictates.

Posted on: 5/30 19:03
_________________
Deadbeat Hero


Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 3500
Offline
Quote:

krayfish2 wrote:
I don't yield to up or downstream fishers. If I see other fishermen, I try to get away from them.


I see what you did there.

Posted on: 6/1 10:25
_________________
Hank Patterson for President.



Re: Is working up-stream dead?

Joined:
2016/1/29 11:09
From Pittsburgh
Posts: 124
Offline
When I fish a stretch of water I'll usually fish either upstream or downstream first, go to a certain point, and then work back to where I started in the other direction. I'll typically fish upstream with dries and nymphs and downstream with big streamers and wets. Just what I do, anglers all yield to each other is my mentality when I fish. Whoever gets to a hole/run/riffles first has the priority to fish it and the other person either waits or goes around them.

Posted on: 6/1 11:02



« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls
Angling Trade E-Survey: How Many Outdoor Print Magazines Do You Subscribe To?
None. Nada. Zip. 50% (46)
One or two. 32% (30)
Three or four. 13% (12)
More than four. 3% (3)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2017/10/27 11:42
Comments?





Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com