Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fly line tool?

From lancaster
hands down the best tool out there for tying nail knots. They are like 5 bucks at walmart

Posted on: 2010/1/28 9:14

C&F nail knot tool is good

Posted on: 2010/1/29 22:34

From harlansburg
skiltonian,what you like to use is a needle knot, everyone else is talking about a nail knot. two different knots. needle knot has leader going through the fly line, nail knot has leader next to fly line. both are good, all personal preference.

Posted on: 2010/1/30 7:43

From aliquippa
jakes, i`m glad you posted that clip , i never knew you could connect to pieces of leader using it,....guees i should have kept and read my instructions...lol

Posted on: 2010/1/30 8:32

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

bikerfish wrote:
skiltonian,what you like to use is a needle knot, everyone else is talking about a nail knot. two different knots. needle knot has leader going through the fly line, nail knot has leader next to fly line. both are good, all personal preference.

Exactly. No tool is necessary to tie a nail knot. This video shows both knots.

Posted on: 2010/1/30 10:17

thanks bikerfish for clearing that up - each reply i kept thinking these guys just don't get it - I even put on the pic to try and clear it up. I like the needle knot due to its seemless transtion from leader to fly line.

Posted on: 2010/1/30 10:19

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
I use a Tie-Fast tool very quick and no aggravation.

http://sierrastreamflyshop.com/index. ... 78485a188b6a32bf1300dc793

Trust me, look for the video on the site.

IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS!!!!

Even better, I found it for you.

Jakes,

Thanks for posting this...at the risk of embarrassing myself, I will confess I have had one of these tools for ten years and never knew how to use it. Until now.

Snap!

So I guess I paid $14.00 for a needle to clean my eyes out on my flies.

Posted on: 2010/1/30 13:45

From York County
Yeah the first one I bought about 12 years ago, I folded the instructions around it and kept it in a a micro double-sided plano box. Unless you know how to use it, you would think it's junk.

It is invaluable to me because I don't like to be standing for 5 minutes, getting frustrated making loops and trying to tie a knot, when I could be fishing.

I personally like the design, and I've tried others including tubes and straws, the forks at the end just seal the deal for me.

You can tie on a leader and trim it the first time, in a matter of seconds, not minutes.

I've use needle nots as well, but I don't anymore. A good tight nail knot is seemless if it is tied and trimmed well. It's personal preference though, I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who hasn't used a Tie-Fast.

Posted on: 2010/1/31 13:10

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com