Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Evening hatch help

From Eastern PA
"Bill Dance is a fake, I've only seen him fish on public waters twice, every fish he catches is 5 pounds, that's certainly not what real fishing is like. At least not for me."

Not to hi-jack the thread, but Bill Dance has done tons of episodes on crappie, catfish, saltwater fishing etc so I would not really call him fake. I personally saw him on public waters more than twice (and have saw him catch very nice smallies as one of the early adapters of the float n' fly system). Yes a lot of his LMB video is done on smaller waters, but even a lot of those are open water. There is just a ton of this type of water in the area he live in. Plus try going out on high traffic waters like Santee, Wylie, Kerr and try filming with all the yahoos out there!

Now, back on topic . . . a big visible fly, with an accurately sized profile dropper is a home run. As others have said size, profile and presentation are much more important than matching color, etc.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 15:30

From Bozeman
Agreed. Not a big fan of the whole bass fishing consumerism culture, but Dance knows how to catch fish.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 15:32

From The "Burgh"
all I'm saying is that in the episodes that I have watched, which is quite a few, he fishes those little ponds that noone else fishes and catches monster fish every cast, but you do have a valid point. He is great guy and has done a lot for the bass fishing world, but the places he fishes on the show are a bit shady.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 15:35

From The "Burgh"
honestly, when I see a hatch that I can not identify i just throw on an attractor pattern, if I can catch a live specimen and make the judgement then that is what I do, but in extremely low light conditions throw on a patriot and you will have success, this at least works of fishing creek, paradise and just about all others, except the letort.

Posted on: 2010/6/7 15:39

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com