Best places to buy flies?

kelso2340

kelso2340

If your not tying flies where do you purchase them from? The best i have found so far is Theflystop.com Does anybody have any good sites they are keeping a secret? Or bulk sellers on ebay?

Kelso,

TheFlyStop is about as cheap as I've found for reasonable quality flies. I buy from a few other places for flies I can't get there or for some higher quality flies, but I haven't found anywhere that beats the value for staple flies that you get from TheFlyStop.

I recently ordered from http://www.bigyflyco.com/
Free shipping on >$35 order.
They offer discounts on 6 or more,12 or more etc.
I think the quality is decent as well.

I buy all mine at flyshack.com

I've looked around a lot and I don't think you can beat the deals at TheFlyStop. For the price and not having to order a dozen of each, makes it a really nice site, and there from PA so expect your flies in 1 - 2 days. I've made many orders through them and have never had any problems.

I tie what I can myself, but I have ordered and continue to order from blueflycafe.com.

Good pricing, quality flies, don't have to buy by the dozen, and they ship some of their stuff in clear plastic snuff type cans that make great fly boxes for bigger streamers.

TheFLyStop is hard to beat. If I had to buy they would get my money. I have not purchased flys for 2 years but before that I dealt with TheFlyStop. No complaints, great place to deal with.

Another 2 penny donation! :)

I have bought several times from bigyfly and percys. I have been happy with both. Sometimes I go in with two buddies and we buy a big ordr and split them up. 2 dozen of something you use a lot and maybe 6-9 of something you want to try or maye have in the box.

I'd encourage you to take a look at Myflies.com. Just look to the right side of this page and you can click on their ad. All sorts of basic and advanced flies tied by US fly fishers and reasonably priced. Myflies is an enthusiastic supporter of PAFF and, I'll predict, an up and coming site in the fly fishing world.
Check 'em out.
Dave W

Kelso,

If you want US tied flies for the right price check out Mike Hecks site. His ties are really nice, tried and true and are about half the price of fly shops.

Fallingsprings.com

Most of the flys come from the same place ( Sri Lanka ) unless they are advertised as being custom made or local tied flys, useualy at a higher price. So the only thing to look for is price. I don't buy flys, but the best prices I've seen are from the flyshack.com

They say tey're hand tied. I don't know of anyone that has a flytying machine.

Mike Heck+1. I also suggest Flyfishers Paradise and the Feathered Hook. I've also had good luck and positive results from flies tied by Mr. "Bugs" Stevens of Chambersburg, PA.

https://www.hillsdiscountflies.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products&search_sale=1&search_deptID=999

Has anyone tried Hooked on Flies? I used this site before I started tying. By far the cheapest flies I could find. Not bad quality either.

http://www.hookedonflies.com/

I would agree with fishidiot about myflies.com. They have american tyers that tie all their own flies. If you buy "cheap" $.99 flies then you get what you pay for. Junk steel and rotted thread with minimal thread wraps and no head cement. Buying american made flies is always better. Would you rather lose a fish to a broken hook or have the fly fall apart after a few fish. Paying a few dollars more could save your day. Thats my opinion.

i have bought off of anglers dream, and big y fly. Good quality flies.

Flystop would be my choice as well. I have had excellent customer service from them and it wouldn't suprise me in some large orders to have some thrown in for free.

Leteras said about bad quality in cheap flies, flystop's flies are very high quality.. can't beat giant articulated streamers for .99 cents

njk3395 wrote:
Leteras said about bad quality in cheap flies, flystop's flies are very high quality.. can't beat giant articulated streamers for .99 cents

I'll add another flystop endorsement here...just received my order of about 30 - various nymphs & dries with a couple of buggers also. very good quality.

I am a Flystop and Big Y Fly customer.
Flies have been good quality, service great, and priced fair.

Back