Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Best places to buy flies?

From Dauphin County PA
TroutGetter.com has some pretty good deals, I met the owner at the sportsman show this year and he gave me a dozen flies for 7 dollars if I remember correctly, I want to stick with him for a while. He also owns a guide service for trout and smallmouth bass. If for some reason you would like his email or phone number, private message me. He's located near south central and central pa and does streams and the rivers.

Posted on: 3/12 12:38

From Hunker
I guess I'm the only Orvis buyer :/..Holly flies are good to,both a bit pricy but great quality

Posted on: 6/9 12:48
"Ours is the grandest sport. It is an intriguing battle of wits between an angler and a trout; and in addition to appreciating the tradition and grace of the game, we play it in the magnificent out-of-doors."
~ Ernest G. Schwiebert, Jr.

From Pennsylvania

Posted on: 8/15 18:36

From Philadelphia PA
now now! I purchase alot of Orvis flies just because of their quality.

Alot for me depends on where I'm fishing and the type fish i'm trying to hook up with.

Posted on: 8/21 12:48
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From New Wilmington (Lawrence Co)
Big Y Fly is the best I've found online. Super fast delivery and a great selection.

Posted on: 8/26 10:00

From Somerset P.A.
From many different fly shops from all over the world all through ebay. I would prefer to buy directly from a fly shop but none exist within an hour from somerset.

Posted on: 8/31 17:45

Well there is Cove Creek Outfitters in Bedford, Ligonier Outfitters in Lig, Indiana Angler in Indiana PA, not sure if Rich's Anglers Room in Derry is still open, also Fishing Post in Ligonier. You got the Shop in Uniontown as well.

Posted on: 9/1 9:38

From Philadelphia PA
Sometimes it is better to support the local shops of the area you are fishing. I don't feel that a fly shop in Indiana would be knowledgable about catching Salmon than a fly shop at the Salmon River. They may not have the hook size info for instance.

Posted on: 9/4 16:43
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From SLIPPERY ROCK
I like The Fly Stop!
The guy who owns it ( Corry ) is from western Pa and is a great guy and knows his stuff about Pa hatches

Posted on: 10/10 20:34

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com