Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Best Knots

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
For regular trout fishing, I join tippet to leader with a double surgeons knot and fly to leader with the Orvis knot. For steelhead and salmon, I use a swivel between the leader and tippet and favor the palomar and trilene knots for connections to swivel or fly.

Posted on: 2010/10/10 7:33

From Jonestown, PA
For small streams.. 6lb mono with a nail knot from fly line with a perfection loop on the end for loop to loop. I love the nail knot, if tied correctly it's a beautiful thing. I tie my own leaders before I head out with blood knots/perfection loops. For fly attachment, the polymer knot/clinch is nice for drys.. easy to tie, very high breaking strength. I use duncans loop for streamers and nymphing, gives the fly some action.

All a cinch to tie with practice just always remember and I can't stress this enough.. use spit or water when finishing the knot. Lost way too many fish when eager to switch flies/tippets and forgot to lube up.

Posted on: 2010/10/15 11:23

From Solanco, PA
idk if there is another name for the knot that i tie for a line to line connection but i call it a double uni knot, http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Tie-a-Double-Uni-Knot-64271747and i never have problems with it. ive had like 4-5 double uni knots in my leader before because i ran out of tippet on the stream, worked well for the few hours i used it. as for tippet to fly, clinch knot.

Posted on: 2011/3/14 18:17

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com