Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

sage rod

From Plowville , Mohnton, area
I purchased a 7' 3wt sage fli and the action is a little fast for my taste. its been out of the tube 3 times and in mint condition. im looking to trade for a 3wt sage ds2 , launch, or equal quality med. action rod.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 0:02

Re: sage rod

Quote:

jfetkin wrote:
I purchased a 7' 3wt sage fli and the action is a little fast for my taste. its been out of the tube 3 times and in mint condition. im looking to trade for a 3wt sage ds2 , launch, or equal quality med. action rod.

You might try putting a 4 wt line on it. Or if you are now using a double taper line, try a weight forward. If the rod feels too fast, a slightly heavier line might make the action feel just right for you.

A friend of mine bought an expensive rod that he thought was too fast, and he went up a line weight, and now he absolutely loves it. Worth a try!

Posted on: 2009/6/7 9:46

i have a sage ds2 for my 5 wt and love it,,im hoping to find a 3 wt ds2,,ill try the heavier line but when i first got the fli i didnt have 3 wt line so i was tring to use my 5 wt line on it . i think i casting style is just to slow.

Posted on: 2009/6/7 22:13

Just curious what did you use prior to buying this rod and what were you looking to use it for?

Posted on: 2009/6/18 22:50

i have a sage ds2 8 1/2 foot 5 wt that was my main rod but wanted something smaller for spring creeks like a 7 footish 3wt the fli is a really fast action i returned it to cabellas and have store credit do have not decided on a rod yet, i like the loomis experiance but they have no 3wt and wont be getting more in, so not sure what im gonna get id like to find a ds2 3wt but not having luck

Posted on: 2009/6/18 23:49

I have a Sage Fli 476-4 that is alittle slower than I'd like and wouldn't mind trading. I'm using 4Wt Sage quiet taper II DT and it's pretty modest. The rod was purchased by me from Cold Spring Anglers (before going out of biz). I was looking at getting an XP but though this would be fast enough. It's a good small stream rod that has plenty of pickup and go. I just need something more of a cross over rod that is a little faster. I've tried 3wt line but didn't help in the areas that I was looking for.

Posted on: 2009/7/14 1:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com