Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yes, this time the sale is for real - $ 750.00 is the price

From Harrisburg
Dear Board,

I'm done toying with the idea of selling my camper. I'm selling it.

It's located at Hemlock Acres Campground in Coburn. The actual site of the trailer is at the upper end of the campground abutting the woods.

http://www.hemlockacrescampground.com/

I bought it with the best of intentions and planned to have a nice fishing camp for myself and the occasional visitor. Circumstances have changed and I simply don't have the time on weekends to go up there like I thought I would when I bought it.

So here it is.

It's a 1984 Carriage House 26 foot fiberglass roofed model. It is clean, dry, and serviceable as they used to say during my military days.

The good - It has a bedroom with two good single mattresses and a sleeper sofa that will sleep one adult. The heat, A/C, stove, refrigerator, and water pump all worked when I last visited last year. The floors and carpets are worn but there are no soft spots and trust me, at 330 pounds I'd have found them if they existed. It's a solid well built older camper trailer. I have a clear PA title to the trailer.

The bad - The drain valve for the blackwater tank broke when it was drained just before I bought the camper. I never bothered to fix it. I never used the shower or toilet facilities other than to check that they drained and to dump RV antifreeze into the tank. The camper is not registered, it needs brake work to be road worthy.

Included in the sale will be everything you need to use the camper as a sleeping shelter, including a water hose, heavy duty outdoor extension cord, electrical adapter plug, microwave oven, and a working vacuum cleaner. I have some plastic chairs and some other sundry items that will stay too.

The lot rent is paid through the end of the year. The season typically ends with water shut off in late October/early November. Toilet facilities and water remain available for Buck Season in the lower bath house at the campground. Electricity is available 24/7/365 for you adventurous types.

The trailer is being sold in as is where condition,

I'm asking $750.00 for the title to the trailer and the use of it for the rest of the year.

AS IS WHERE IS. NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.

I can email pictures, apparently they can't be copied and attached from the previus post.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/10/1 13:51
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

Re: Yes, this time the sale is for real - $ 750.00 is the price

From Glendora nj
Please send me the pictures. What is the cost for the site yearly?

Posted on: 2011/10/2 7:40

From Glendora nj
just got your email sent you my email.

Thanks again

Posted on: 2011/10/2 8:11

Edited by SNJChef on 2011/10/2 8:33:22

From Eastern PA
FWIW, I checked this trailer out when we were kicking around the idea of a group buy thing. As a property claims adjuster I am pretty decent at determining if a property has leak issues and this thing is dry. An hour or two on the outside with a pressure washer and an hour of two of light cleaning inside and you have yourself a nice crash pad for fishing, and definitely at the right price.

Posted on: 2011/10/4 19:19

From Harrisburg
I saw that trailer as well. Maybe a football field from Paul G.'s place. Sure looks like $750.00 is more than reasonable, and most importantly, great location.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 20:04

From Enola, Pa.
Tim

Sorry to see your looking to sell, do unerstand why. I was hoping you could get together what a couple of guys to share the cost.

We're having the same problem, the way my wife is working and my health, we haven't been able to get up that much the last couple of years. Some times I think it's a waste, when your not able to use it. My wife would never sell, she like it to much there.

I hope someone from the site grabs it, the price is well worth it!

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/10/9 9:33

From Jonestown, PA
Sorry for the question but, this is being sold for use? As in it's still going to be yours but whoever buys it will be entitled to use it whenever they please?

If this is just completely being sold my friend and I are seriously considering this.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 18:02

From Dallastown, PA
NCPA troutbum, I believe it is not a cost share and an outright, downright sale.

Just helpin ya out murph.

Fritz and I were talking about this last weekend during the steeler game and after Fritz left my wife said..."yer not buyin' that damn trailer"

Can't a man dream or fantasize about having a place in the mountains without the background noise of Mrs C. squashing the dream?

Posted on: 2011/10/9 19:30

From Harrisburg
Dear NCPA,

I was looking to do a partner agreement, but unfortunately that fell though.

I simply don't get the opportunity to use the trailer much so now I am looking to sell it outright.

I have had some interest but so far no one has committed to anything. If you are interested send me a PM with any questions you might have.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/10/9 20:08
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Jonestown, PA
I'll talk with my friend today after work and get back to ya. I hope he isn't pulling my chain, lol.

Posted on: 2011/10/10 12:48

From Shamokin-Coal Township
Do you know what your site number is? Also, do you know how much it would cost to repair the broken valve?

Posted on: 2011/10/11 21:25

From Harrisburg
Dear gentleshepherd,

It's site number D-3. A replacement valve mechanism is about $ 20.00 - 30.00 depending on where you get it and if you have tools it's a do it yourself job.

If you had someone do it I'd guess it would cost $ 150.00 - 250.00 for them to come out and do the repair.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/10/12 6:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com