Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WTB surf set-up

From Glendora nj
Anyone have a surf set up for sale? don't get to hit the surf too much but would like to pick one up for the times I get out there. Nothing to great since i will not be using it alot.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 16:45

Re: WTB surf set-up

From Pittsburgh
Don't have one to offer... But the reel is key in a surf set up. Sand is brutal on a drag system. Many reels will even state "not for salt.". Make sure the reel you get can withstand tremendous runs of fish as well as the grit.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 16:51

From Eastern PA
I have a like new 10'6" 9wt St Croix Legand Ultra Bob Popovic model that I would be willing to part with. Its a beast and quite popular with the salt gang. Not sure if its that name or what. It will sling a line"

Posted on: 2013/2/23 2:47

From Harrisburg
Dear Chef,

Following up to what David said about the reel just get a Scientific Anglers reel and be done with it. As inexpensive saltwater reels go there is nothing better, or even close.

I have a Sage 909 RPLX 3 piece and a Loomis GL3 2 piece 10 weight I'd consider parting with if you are interested. The reel for the Sage is an STH lever drag and the reel for the Loomis is a SA 9/10 with two spools and unfished lines on them, one is a floater and the other is a Tenny 350 grain sink tip.

The Sage was last used in saltwater by my brother in the LA saltmarshes for redfish. The Loomis rig has only seen duty on my lawn and one time at the Flubberdam in Sunbury on the Susquehanna.

The Sage is in it's original tube and bag and I have a reel case for the STH. The Loomis is in a DB Dunn 9' piece rod case and I have a leather case for the SA reel and the extra spool.

If you have any interest PM and we can talk, I don't really have any price in mind for either rig but I would let you cast both of them and would consider a reasonable offer.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/2/23 12:29
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Delaware Co.
Try stripers online but you have to make 15 posts first to send a pm .

http://www.stripersonline.com/f/233/fly-fishing-bst-forum

Posted on: 2013/2/25 20:45

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
i have a 10wt Winston boron that i could part with. comes with a lamson konic Scientific angler int sink like. probably would do it for 450. rods in great condition.

marc

Posted on: 2013/2/25 23:50

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com