Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: WTB Used or Broken Orvis Fly Rods

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Yea I dunno, guess I am a cynic. Why only orvis rods? That just made it more suspicious. Imo

Posted on: 2012/3/6 14:08

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Philadelphia
Let's give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt. He did ask for "used" also. Maybe the guy that fixes them for him only does Orvis. Maybe he is used to Orvis rods and feels comfortable teaching with them. He did mention he was trying to organize it with Orvis, so maybe he wants to show brand loyalty. Your assumptions are also possibilities but I guess I want to see the good in people first. Maybe its a generational thing too. Maybe I grew up in a much more trusting time.

Posted on: 2012/3/6 14:17

From Cato, NY
People should think more and speak less.....until you know all the facts or at least some of them. Maybe he will abuse a warranty maybe he won't but I guess we should all take him at his word until facts prove otherwise.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 11:01

From Parkesburg, PA
If I purchase a used Orvis rod broken or not shouldn't or doesn't the rod warranty carry over to new owner? Hopefully you guys don't judge based on my coment but this is probably the only way some of us will ever get to own an Orvis rod. I recently broke a cabelas rod, turned it in for a new one and now Im selling it on Ebay. Sorry for abusing the warranty Cabelas.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 11:23

From Gamehendge
mcwillja-x2, some people are way to quick to make assumptions about other people and there intentions.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 12:01

From A-Town
please...like you all didn't assume the same thing from the get go. You just didn't say anything. I agree with delta dog...the suspicions sound obvious and nobody blatantly said anything bad about him just assumed and wanted to know his reasoning. Get off your high horse

Posted on: 2012/3/7 18:30
There is a war going on. The economy is crumbling. The environment is in jeopardy. Good innocent people are suffering all over the world. We had to do something. We had to get involved. But we decided to just go fishing.

Quote:

JC333 wrote:
I am putting together an event and I'm trying to get Orvis to partner up with me.

Old rods that are just sitting around is what I'm really after, maybe I should have clarified that point. If a rod is broken, I had a guy who was willing to repair it for little or no cost.
The event is for teaching fly fishing and casting to the young ones. I'm not trying to abuse the warranty. Seems it takes one to know one (think about it).
Thanks to the few on this site who gave me the benefit of the doubt and told the others to move on, I appreciate it.
Oh and for those who think otherwise, stick you comments where the sun doesn't shine.
I'm outta here.

If you read the first part again it would also clarify the need for orvis rods... only 1 orvis rod in my arsenal and it gets occasional use but good luck on the event.

Posted on: 2012/3/7 20:46

From Dallastown, PA
That was a nice social experiment for weeding out the Naughty and Nice list. Perhaps the OP was Santa! Remember he watches ALL year.

I only hope it causes some to pause before being judgemental toward other posters.

I'd recommend if one has no meaningful input toward an OP they stay quiet rather than assume the worst.

Another tine to the social experiment....How many wrong minded posts were influenced by the first wrong assumption? Are you followers or just bad judges?

And then there is the "I was misled, assumed wrong and blamed the OP for my misjudgement".

Conversely, had the OP added those small nuggets early on he would have been showered with kudos.

So many things to learn here.

Fabulous!

Posted on: 2012/3/7 21:21

From York, PA
I think that Orvis is the best!
I've had several Orvis rods....... and I love all of them.
I purchased a Superfine 1wt for $575 ..... but it came with a free $200 reel. I broke the rod four times, actually catching way too big fish, and the first two times they fixed for free and the last two times it cost me $30! No questions asked!
The fourth time I broke the 1wt rod, I called Orvis and got a upgrade to a Helios rod! I didn't think they would send me the old rod back, but they did! I sold it to a friend of mine on another site, in Chile, for more than the upgrade cost!
The last time Orvis sent me a whole new rod!!!
I think Orvis has the best equipment and the best warranty by far.
When I purchase something from Orvis, I e-mail late at night and the reps respond in a couple mins!!
But...... if you buy a broken rod, you won't get it fixed unless you purchased it yourself....... the computer keeps track of who bought it and when? You can't scam the system...... you will have to get the original buyer to have it fixed!

Posted on: 2012/3/8 1:52

From Cato, NY
Quote:

kelso2340 wrote:
please...like you all didn't assume the same thing from the get go. You just didn't say anything. I agree with delta dog...the suspicions sound obvious and nobody blatantly said anything bad about him just assumed and wanted to know his reasoning. Get off your high horse

Thank you for thinking for all of us. I'm sure we all appreciate it. I would advise you read Maurice's post again, but just a suggestion.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 11:45

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Sorry, sold my only Orvis rod last year. None left in my arsenal. I wish you luck, though.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 16:09

From A-Town
No probelm. I forgot all of you are never wrong and are the most outstanding citizens ever. Hard to believe I don't get on this site anymore. Oh wait....delete account.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 18:31
There is a war going on. The economy is crumbling. The environment is in jeopardy. Good innocent people are suffering all over the world. We had to do something. We had to get involved. But we decided to just go fishing.

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (28)
Who cares? It beats work. 30% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com