WTB: Hackle / other tying materials

NewSal

NewSal

Looking for some hackle and other tying materials.

If you got some stuff that's duplicates / extra let me know.

Really interested in getting some decent hackle together, I understand that most don't want to get rid of things like that but its worth a shot..

Also may be interested in all types of other materials, even tools.

Let me know what you have and well go from there.

Thanks

You may want to try the Whiting 1/2 cape starter kit containing 5 half capes of decent hackle to get you started.

Scroll down the page of this link: http://featheremporium.com/Fly-Tying-Feathers/whiting-dry-fly-capes.html

Appreciate the link, I typically just buy the 100 packs for whatever pattern I plan on tying.
The intention / purpose of this post was to try to possibly find someone that may need to downsize/unload some stuff for whatever reason, random hackles/misc materials that I may be able to use at some point.

The kit looks like a good buy as well though, I may pull the trigger on that as well.

Salvelinusfontinali wrote:
Appreciate the link, I typically just buy the 100 packs for whatever pattern I plan on tying.
The intention / purpose of this post was to try to possibly find someone that may need to downsize/unload some stuff for whatever reason, random hackles/misc materials that I may be able to use at some point.

The kit looks like a good buy as well though, I may pull the trigger on that as well.

^understood.

100 packs are very expensive when one considers how much you pay for one color and one size of hackle.

The necks would offer the five most used colors form size from 10-22 +/-

You can buy the 100's to supplement when you run out of a certain size on the neck.

Good luck tying.

Look on EBAY for the assortments of hackle that Bill Skilton sells. These are "seconds" in a broad sense but you get a selection of colors and sizes that make good sense for most tyers at a great price.

riverdance wrote:
Look on EBAY for the assortments of hackle that Bill Skilton sells. These are "seconds" in a broad sense but you get a selection of colors and sizes that make good sense for most tyers at a great price.

Do you have the seller ID he uses?

Yo biggg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/skilto/m.html?item=172235224794&roken=cUgayN&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 will get you there. Bill uses "skilto" as his handle. He had great stuff and makes interesting stuff, especially for terrestials (his beetle legs are killer).

lestrout wrote:
Yo biggg

http://www.ebay.com/sch/skilto/m.html?item=172235224794&roken=cUgayN&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 will get you there. Bill uses "skilto" as his handle. He had great stuff and makes interesting stuff, especially for terrestials (his beetle legs are killer).

Thank you. Looks like I will be tying for two and need to get restocked as economically as possible after needed to toss a bunch of stuff after a mice issue a few years back.

Back