Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

WTB - 1wt or 2wt fly rod

From Kingwood Wv
HI! I would like to add 1 or 2wt rod to my quiver. I am interested in something pre-owned in great shape. If you have something that you may want to sell, shoot me a PM and we can go from there!!! THANKS!! Open to most any size!

Posted on: 2010/5/14 22:31

Re: WTB - 1wt or 2wt fly rod

in your seach, I'd encourage you to consider a Sage SPL, SLT, or most recent TXL line of rods. Unbelievable in performance, castability, accuracy, surprising ability to control big fish, and just a pleasure to fish with. I have the SPL 1 wt 8'1" and a TXL 3wt 7'. My 2wt is a G.loomis Trilogy 8'er but the faster the rod, the shorter I can go. Ebay is always a good place to watch and also check out this site for their classifieds and good info in the forums:
http://ultralightflyfishing.yuku.com/directory

there's plenty of alternatives out there if you'd like to keep the costs down .

As fars as a decision between a 1 or 2 wt, both can do about the same where the difference is line weight is 20 grains (60 grains for 1 wt and 80 grains for 2wt) I can't really say that I can cast further with my 2wt than my 1 wt, but the Sage is definetly a more acurate rod than the Loomis, so again, I'd like to emphasive the point the a good rod makes all the difference when fishing rods below a 3wt. Also better rods are more true to the actual line wieght they are rated for, where if you were to get a cheap IM6 rod (dorber global as an example) rated for 1 wt, it actually casts a 3 wt better and the recovery of the rod is pretty poor - resulting in not that fun to cast.

good luck on your search!

Posted on: 2010/5/16 8:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com