Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
Swap Forum Kickoff! Charity Fundraiser
From Altoona, PA
Hello, we thought the best way to kickoff the swap forum would be with a Charity Fundraiser. To participate, pick a flyfishing related cause then rumage around in your old tackle. Got a backup, backup rod? Or a vest that doesn't fit? Maybe you can raise a few bucks for a good cause. To participate, please follow the guidelines below:
The Fundraiser Swap Rules
PAFF would like to kick off the Swap Forum with fundraising auctions for various good causes. Some good suggestions might be The Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp or Casting for Recovery.
To auction your donation, please follow these guidelines.
• Use the keyword “Charity” as the first word of the subject line in the title.
• Indicate in the description of the item which charity for which you are raising money with this auction.
o Indicate how much of the winning bid will go to the charity; 100%, 50% etc.
• Indicate when the bidding is to end; include a date and time (Eastern Time)
o If you wish to extend the auction, do so at least 24hrs before the end of the auction.
o If you wish to cancel the auction, do so at least 24hrs before the end of the auction.
Please do not accept “offline” bids.
• You may include a “Buy Now” for immediate sale.
• Include information on payment terms; ie. Paypal, check etc.
• Indicate how the item will be shipped
o Indicate also, how long you expect the item to take in shipping.
o Indicate how much you will charge for shipping.
• Email the winning bidder at the close of the auction.
o Indicate the total amount (the winning bid plus shipping charges)
• Request that the money be sent to you directly.
o The money raised should be sent to the charity in your name so that you can claim the donation against your taxes if you wish.
Please send a copy of the receipt from the charity to Padraic Farrell so that we may track how much money was raised through PAFF (email for his address)
• After the auction, please remember to post feedback on the purchaser.
To purchase a donation, please follow these guidelines.
• Post your bid to the thread.
• If you wish to raise your bid during the auction, do so by posting a new reply.
o This will ensure that the last reply in the thread will be the latest bid.
Editing a previous reply may result in the “winning bid” being overlooked by the seller.
• Do not make “offline” bids. Please post your bids as replies under the original thread. Please do NOT edit previous replies, but post each new bid as a new reply.
• Please wait for the auctioneer to email you, notifying you of your winning bid before sending payment.
Posted on: 2006/10/2 17:30
Never challenge a cat to a staring contest
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.