Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Shakespeare rod for sale or trade

From North Catty
I have a brand new never used Shakespeare 8' 5/6wt. This comes with the matching reel, also never used. I also have a custom rod tub e for this rod.

I will sell for $20.00 or I will gladly trade for flies!!!

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/26 19:42

Re: Shakespeare rod for sale or trade
Guest_
Plasticat;
Which/what/what size-type/brand- reel, comes with this combo? I may be interested in the reel, (one can NEVER have "enough" reels, ya' know!? Also, as ANY MAN WITH CLASS would do........... I'm most SURE that you're also throwing in a new line and backing, for this extortion like price you're asking!??!
Paul

Posted on: 2007/10/27 1:45

From North Catty
hahaha,

The reel is a shakerspeare 5/6wt that comes with the store sold combo. it is click and pawl and if I absolutely had to throw in a line with the reel I could, but the price would have to go up a little, but I would prefer Flies or Tying materials in return for the combo.

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/27 2:07

Guest_
Okay, Unfair enough I suppose!
So, hmmmm, what have I, GOT.... in my extremely sparse and nearly down to the bone, fly tying materials, I might part with??
You've seen the pics of my "tying area", Bob so you KNOW I'm being honest when I say.... "I'll have to really scrounge around to find enough materials to equal $20.00 (plus freight)!!
I'll actually have to look in a few drawers, boxes and bags, but just roughly guessing and looking at what I can see, sitting here
across from my tying area.............. How 'bout... " a shank of reddish brown anal hair, from the Ethiopian Goink? "Snow white, fur of the Arctic Fox?" "Dyed purple, Coyote fur"? (very small piece and very had to come by).
"Nose hairs,(left nostril), from a Tibetan Monk? (The "Silent Order", not the wine making Brotherhood).OH!! Maybe, some "imitation fur", from the very deep nether regions, of an adult St.Bernard"? Bet, ya' DON'T have any of THAT, now, do ya'??
Other, than those few baubles, Bob, I'll have to look in drawers, etc, like I said.
Since, my next door neighbor and often times fishing buddy, is Henry Hoffman, I do have a pretty decent supply of necks and saddles. But, they're a "tad" more than the price you're asking, for the rod/reel set up.
Now, if you want FLIES, depending on the ones you may be after.... I, did, go fishing yesterday and today so the easiest way for me to send you any flies, right now, would be for me to return where I was fishing and just cut you off the higher branches of the trees over the stream and ship THOSE to you. That way, you can pick out the few dozen, you'd like to have and save the rest for later on!?
Also, just kidding about the fly line/ backing, being included. (you, cheapskate), because I already have 3 I haven't taken out of their packages yet.
Paul
Post Script: You're coffee, (whole bean), will be roasted this weekend and shipped out to you, Monday morning.

Posted on: 2007/10/27 3:59

From North Catty
FB,

you crack me up! I was very intoxicated off some of my "high -end" booze when I wrote that last post and I must say that I am rather impressed by the coherency of it considering the state I was in.

Tree branches will be fine depending on the type of tree and age

Thank you for the coffee, you are the MAN!!!!

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/27 10:29

Guest_
"I was very intoxicated, when I made that last post"...end quote.
Uhhhh, yeah, Plasticat, like THAT was earth shattering news, that you were laid out, flat like smeared goose snot on a park bench, when you posted? As in, "you should have seen me, a week ago Flybinder, I was sober between 1:00 and 1:17 PM, on Tuesday!?"
Whatever.
So, try your darndest, the next time you find yourself actually sober for 11 minutes, and answer a simple question..... "WHAT type flies, do you use the most, HOW MANY are we talking, here, and KINDS of tying materials you are bartering for?
If your fianc'e HASN'T gotten as smart as I know she will someday and folded up her Tee-Pee and left you already, have her help you with my request here, maybe with the two syllable words or whatever it takes to get a reply!?
Oh, sorry like heck to REALLY tax your thinking process, like this, but have you figured out shipping on this rod/reel as of yet?
You know, as in, "Getting it from THERE, clear out to HERE"? Never mind, just show this, post, to your lovely and she'll no doubt handle it properly.
(roasted your beans today and once my bride's done with the dustpan, out in the kennels, I'll gather them up and get them ready to ship on Monday)

Posted on: 2007/10/27 22:57

From North Catty
HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Okay, I am sober at this point so let me take a crack at the questions.

1. Shipping: I will cover
2. Flies, I most often use are Woolly Buggers (a dozen sound fair?)
3. Materials: I am looking for one saddle hackle

I hope I covered the questions, cause its gonna be drinking time in 2.5hrs and I might lose my "smart"

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/28 8:26

Guest_
'" #3-Materials- I am looking for ONE saddle hackle"......."
Fair, enough, P-Cat, because the way that's worded, you are willing to trade a rod and reel for only ONE feather,(only, one hackle), from a particular saddle patch!?!!
Heck, for a rod and reel, I'd send you up to THREE, loose hackles, from one of my saddles! They're all, #1 Hoffman's, so take your pick!?! Which color?

Posted on: 2007/10/28 14:05

From North Catty
I'm an idiot

Posted on: 2007/10/28 15:54

Guest_
He-he-he-he-he!!!

Posted on: 2007/10/29 1:31

Hey Cambyses,
I was just wondering if you got rid of this rod yet. I'm trying to get my dad into fly fishing and he needs a cheap rod & reel.
Thanks

Posted on: 2008/2/5 8:29

From North Catty
Caleb,

I am sorry the rod and reel have gone to a friend at work that is also trying to get into the sport.

if you are looking for a cheap rod check out gremlinfishing.com

I have bought 2 rods and reels from him and they have both been in good shape with great prices.

He mainly sells eagle claw/wright and mcgill gear but I have had no problems with them!

good luck

Posted on: 2008/2/5 19:43

bob,
Thanks for the reply and I will definately look up that site.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 2:43

From North Catty
I own the featherlight and the granger. I use the featherlight for trout and small stream smallmouth and the granger I use for river smallies and large mouth.

Bob

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:02

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com