Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Looking to buy flies from you

From Norristown, PA
Im in need of some flies for the beginning of may. The smaller, natural type of flies for the more educated and stubborn fish. I figured instead of paying some retailer or such id rather personally pay anyone of you guys that wanted to tie some up. Id pay you $1 a fly and im looking to get about 30-45 flies, about 3-5 of each pattern.

What i figure i could do is take pictures of the flies i want and tell you in what size. Like i said theyll mostly be small sz 18-20 and real simple. Including al's rats, zebra midges, micro hares ear and mayfly nymphs, some micro eggs, and other simple thread midge variations. If anyone is interested, just let me know, Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 13:11

Re: Looking to buy flies from you
From Chester County
Quote:

mute wrote:
Im in need of some flies for the beginning of may. The smaller, natural type of flies for the more educated and stubborn fish. I figured instead of paying some retailer or such id rather personally pay anyone of you guys that wanted to tie some up. Id pay you $1 a fly and im looking to get about 30-45 flies, about 3-5 of each pattern.

What i figure i could do is take pictures of the flies i want and tell you in what size. Like i said theyll mostly be small sz 18-20 and real simple. Including al's rats, zebra midges, micro hares ear and mayfly nymphs, and other simple thread midge variations. If anyone is interested, just let me know, Thanks.

Mute,

I won't tie them for you, but I would be willing to show you how to tie them for yourself. Most of the flies you mentioned are so embarrassingly simple to tie, I would feel guilty tying them for cash. I would bet you could really get into both tying um and fishin' um. I'm sure you'd have some killer custom Mute flies in no time. How 'bout "The Mutation"....lol. And since you fish so much, I can almost guarantee you'd save some cash by tying. Think about it.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 13:22

From Norristown, PA
Haha, afishando, love the custom fly name. And thanks for the offer on helping to tie them. Thing is i actually have tied them all before. I got into tieing like 2 years ago and tied pretty big lots of flies that i needed. Since then i sold my tieing stuff, on here actually. I felt i had so many flies that i wouldnt need it anymore. Well that and i just started losing interest. I couldnt stand sitting still there anymore tieing small flies. But since then my stock piles have diminished, i forgot how somedays you can go without losing any flies, and other days lose 5. Thats the only reason im looking to buy some right now

Posted on: 2010/4/9 13:27

mute,

Shoot me a PM if you want flies in a small sizes. I only tie Hendricksons, Sulphurs and 1 nymph style. I've lost interest in tying but found a guy. The flies are nice and very cheap. If you're in my area or we fish together, I'll give you some but not too many :))

Andy

Posted on: 2010/4/9 14:45

mute,

My tying skills are limited but the link below has pics of my Hendrickson dun that I use. You can scroll down and click on photos to enlarge.

http://forums.catskillflies.com/index.php/topic/2579-microfibetts/

Posted on: 2010/4/9 17:05

From Delaware Co.
Try this guy mute he is from Cumberland valley http://www.troutgetter.com/

Posted on: 2010/4/9 18:20

From Enola, Pa.
Mute

I will give my guy a call and ask him if he can't help you out, if you like. He's very good and can tie anything you want.

if he can help you, i'll give you his phone #. I do know he's very busy at this time of year.

Let me know!

PaulG

Posted on: 2010/4/11 15:48

From Nazareth PA
I think http://www.flyshack.com/ has them for under a dollar. Take a look.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 20:08

" It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming"...John Steinbeck

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com