Looking for rod binder

R

riverdance

Hi All
I am looking for a bamboo rod binder. Well used at a good price suits my need and budget.
Thanks
Dan

If you are financially limited, there are many illustrations and DIY plans for building a Garrison style binder using readily available materials and tweaking techniques after it’s completed.

I have 2. if you don't find one I'll think about it or you can borrow one until you find one. Joe E

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have found some of the plans you mention and will consider this option.
Regards,
Dan

Very generous of you to offer. I need to build the tip section of a Payne 98 to replace the one I broke on a stream now known as "river of tears" this summer. If I am still in need at that point I will get back in touch. Looks like you live near the Shenandoah Brook Trout country-- its a paradise.
Regards,
Dan

Dan, If you are only going to do one tip section you can always hand bind your strips, several methods you can use depending on your experience or practice with your non glued section. If you already have your planning forms and an oven, nothing wrong with hand-binding I've done several quads because I was worried about the corners at first. v/r JoeE

Thanks Joe. I have considered this as a soution. The limited exoerience I have is with a binder but it sounds ike a good option until I build or buy one. Thanks for your willingness to share your experience.

Back