Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cheap Fly Rods and Reels F/S

From West Chester
Orvis Madison V fly reel - you also get spare spool. british made. i believe it hold 7-9 wt. line. i've never fished this reel but it is used. some people fave about them. Asking $65

Cabelas Prestige I fly reel - Holds 1-3 wt. line. Backing included. Fished once. Aluminum construction. Asking $25

Eagle Claw "Black Eagle" fly rod - still sealed. bought to be my backup Steelhead/Salmon rod but would also make a great Bass rod too. 6-7Wt. 8'6" long. Asking $20

Shakespeare Micro Graphite fly rod - 4 wt. 7' long. A good small stream trout rod. Light and short. A very fast rod. i fished it twice before buying another small stream rod (a 3wt.) that i prefer. Asking $20

I'll ship the reels if nesicary for an extra $4 but i'd prefer to sell the rods via pickup. Otherwise they'd be about $10 to ship because of their length. Cash at pickup or credit via paypal.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 15:58

Re: Cheap Fly Rods and Reels F/S

From Lehighton
i just bought one of those 7' 4 wts at walmart today, as i broke my rod the other day and don't have the cash to buy a good one, they go for $18.

Posted on: 2010/4/10 20:15

From West Chester
NotLong4PA - generally it's not good form to post a reply to someone's for sale post with a place to buy the item they are selling for less. some see it a a little rude to say the least.

with that said, if anyone is interested, i'll lower the price to $15 (tax free) despite the fact that i didn't but mine for $18 at walmart. i'm probably never going to use it again so i'd like it to go to someone who will.

Posted on: 2010/4/12 17:18

From Lehighton
I apologize i wasn't trying to be rude. I was just trying to inform so nobody here paid more than needed for this rod. No harm intended.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 1:08

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I own that 7' 4wt also, and it is a good small stream rod. Will be my backup soon, but it is stiff and can really punch some line out and is good for throwing a nice bow and arrow out there. At the very least it is a good starter for small streams, or a backup.

The 6/7 wt I have also borrowed off of someone for a first time steelheader to use. It is a good starter rod/backup and will do fine for fighting steelies. If it breaks, you're not disapointed because of the price, which happens from time to time cleaning ice off the guides, slinging lead, or fighting a big fish.

Posted on: 2010/4/14 14:47

hey if u can buy a rod and fish with it and sell it for more than u paid for it , then you my friend are a true business man !...lol

Posted on: 2010/4/16 18:05

From West Chester
both reels are sold

Posted on: 2010/4/18 17:03

Hey I am interested in buying your Shakespeare Micro Graphite fly rod - 4 wt. 7'. Would you take 25 for it if you ship it to me. I live in Lititz, PA. Also I would pay using paypal but how does that transaction work from this site?

Thanks,
Kyle Portner
stacnkyl@ptd.net

Posted on: 2010/4/25 9:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com