12' 2 Man Pontoon/Cataraft

I

inthedrift

12’ 2 Person Inflatable Fishing Pontoon/Cataraft – $2000

- Boat was built in 2008. I purchased the boat in 2014 for use on smaller rivers with up to Class III whitewater. It has met that need (and then some), but I now need a boat that seats 3 people, and regrettably, I need to sell this to make room.

12-foot Black Bear Pontoons – made by Jack’s Plastics:

- Double-reinforced skid patches underneath.
- Tubes have never leaked or been patched, but I did touch up a few areas along the top with a dab of Aquaseal when I purchased the boat in 2014. These were small areas of wear (smaller than the size of a dime), and it was strictly preventative maintenance. The tubes are solid and airtight.

Modular Steel Frame:

- Multiple piece frame can be broken down for travel, or single person use.
- Frame is powder coated, and shows some cosmetic wear in the form of flaking and chipping of the powder coat in a few spots.
- Centered, rear anchor pulley system and heavy duty anchor rope.
- Frame has a motor mount that can accommodate an electric trolling motor for ponds/lakes.
Custom diamond plate full floor, diamond plate rear cargo decks, aluminum front casting brace, and front swivel seat on adjustable pedestal:
- Added these after purchasing the boat. This makes the boat just as nice to fish out of as a drift boat. It allows the angler to stand and comfortably fish in swift/shallow water, and creates extra room for gear. There are also very few snags to tangle fly line on, which can be an issue with other fishing frames and rafts. I removed the back of the front seat to allow more room when rowing through heavy water, but it can be reattached if need be.

Accessories:

- 3 8’6” Carlisle break down oars, with HD Outfitter Blades. One oar is brand new.
- Cup holders and tackle trays on each seat.
- 2 heavy duty, water resistant, saddle bag pouches for gear storage
- 2 PVC rod tubes for safe storage of extra rods while on the river
- 20 lb. lead pyramid anchor
- 5 lb. chain anchors
- All new NRS HD cam straps, including a few extras for securing gear.
- Manual double action air pump
- Patch kit
- Several other small clips, straps, etc.
- Additional plastic floor (made by previous owner for standing when using the boat alone).

Other notes:

- I’ve done quite a bit of work to make this boat a 2-person fishing craft. It rows extremely well with 2 200 pound adults, and all the gear needed for a full day of fishing in it, and has done an impressive job of handling whitewater even with a full load.
- Boat can be broken down for travel, but it’s a production to take it apart completely. The boat fits into the bed of a full-size pickup, or can be trailered on a small utility or boat trailer. This is the ideal way to transport it.
- Boat can be carried by one person when it is set up as a single person boat, but the weight of the floor requires two people to carry it when it is set up as a two-person boat. The floor adds significant weight, but the trade-off is worth it. Carrying the fully rigged boat over short distances is possible, and would be even easier with some disassembly of the frame/floor.

More photos can be found here:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/6190770818.html

No trades. Serious offers only. Will work to arrange delivery within reasonable distance of Pittsburgh.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 16, 3 31 33 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 16, 3 31 33 PM.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 21
Back