Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

11' 6wt for sale or swap

From Bozeman
I have an 11' 6wt 3pc Cabela's FT. Original MSRP was a little over $200, assuming I remember correctly. ($220, I think?) The cabela's site says there's an unconditional 25 year warranty. I read unconditional to mean that it's transferable, but that's up to the swapper. I did not fill any paperwork out.

It just doesn't suit my fishing style. It's a bit slow for my casting stroke, which I attribute to the length. I love it for steelhead fishing, but I simply don't do enough of that. I'm not set on getting rid of it, but I figured I'd see if anyone has any offers. It's the perfect erie rod IMO. I loved fishing it there, but just don't enjoy erie enough (and the seven hour drive) to have a dedicated rod.

I'd be primarily interested in a good smallmouth rod, but have no real preferences. I am also trying to add decent reels to my arsenal. Offer and I'll consider. I'd prefer to swap it.

I'll post pics if there's interest.

Posted on: 2010/6/18 11:22

Re: 11' 6wt for sale or swap

PM jadaddy! He's all over that stuff for his nymphing exploits. I had an LST, FT and PT+ from Cabelas. I thought the FT may have been the best of the bunch. FYI, they don't make them anymore so it can't be replaced with another FT. I think they wanted to replace mine w/ the LST since it was the closest model. If I didn't want that, they'd give me credit for a different model.

* They've changed return / credit policy. I've returned quite a few things and believe it goes something like this...... If you have the receipt, they'll honor what you paid. If you don't, they will give you what the rod currently sells for. EX: I got an LST. Paid $125. List was $215 but I got mine on sale. w/o receipt, they would have honored price that rod was listed at... regular price or sale price. If it's been used HARD, and you don't want a new rod, they may give you a percentage of what the rod sells for (50-80%)

Posted on: 2010/6/18 13:33

From The "Burgh"
great czech nymphing rod

Posted on: 2010/6/18 23:32

From Bozeman
Bump. Gonna see about putting this on ebay in a week. Still prefer a 7wt, but am open to offers.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 12:13

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I thought you really liked this rod Jay.

There's seems to be a few different types of fly fisherman out there when it comes to gear. I'm a buy and hold kind of guy. I find something I like, I buy it, and will use it till the end or pass it on to someone else. I see a handful of guys on here who buy and sell things like they're going out of style. To each his own.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 14:15

From Bozeman
I liked it for steelheading, and still do.

I want to get into centerpinning, and want a 7wt that can do steelhead and bass duty. I figured this bass would do fine bass duty, but it doesn't match my casting stroke for distance. For roll casting and stream fishing, I enjoy it.

Frankly, I've soured to erie, mainly due to the distance. Also because I buy an annual NY license. I enjoy the ontario tribs a good bit more. I doubt I'll go this year, and this rod wouldn't see action.

I don't flip much gear, but I have no problem getting rid of something that I won't use much. I'd rather give it a good home.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 14:41

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I wouldn't mind a bit more length on my steelhead rod, but I'm not in the market. Just talked my buddy Greg into a 9'6" 7wt for steelhead. I think he'll be happy. Albright GP for $45... can't beat it.

If you head out to Erie this season let me know. Didn't get to fish with you up there yet.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 14:53

From Bozeman
You got it.

Posted on: 2010/6/25 15:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com